Chapter 21: can we come and do this another day?

"Shit" the doctor sighed as he looked at Strax "common, please work we need to get out, Clara is having the baby! our baby and I can't miss it! Please" he sounded desperate as he shouted at the console but the TARDIS just made a sharp noise back at him "seriously I need to get out! Please! When you took human form as Idris you said that you always took me where I needed to be and right now that's by Clara's side!" He was getting impatient now. The TARDIS was silent and then the doctor heard a click of the lock and sighed in relief as he ran out to Clara leaving Strax very confused to the events that were going on.
~in the living room of the house~
"Stupid-snog-box-stupid-doctor-stupid-contractions!" Clara said between breaths while jenny and Vastra were sat on the opposite sofa, they would be helping Clara get through this but they tried and it ended with Clara shouting at them to shut up. Clara's screams of pain were interrupted by the doctor running through the door "Clara? oh my Clara, common we need to get you to hospital" "no-shit" Clara replied. "We are coming too doctor" said Vastra "um yes yes if you want actually you can come with us and call Amy, Rory, George who will tell Angie and Artie and then call Clara's dad wait actually call dave first" Vastra nodded as the the doctor carried Clara to the TARDIS. The doctor punched in the coordinates for the hospital and the TARDIS landed very smoothly (for once). As they were getting out and into the hospital Vastra called everyone in the order the doctor had given her. Each of them replied with:
Dave: "oh my stars! Um tell Clara I'm on my way!"
Amy and Rory: "Clara's what! Rory Clara's having the baby, be there in 10 bye Vastra!"
George, Angie and Artie: "okay I will tell the kids, we will come down now thank you."
~hospital~
"Martha!" She turned around to find the doctor running towards her with Clara in a wheelchair "hi doctor I take it the baby's on it's way?" She said "how d'you guess!" Clara shouted and the doctor smirked. "How long has she been contracting?" Martha asked "a few hours but because this is a timelord pregnancy it will be different" the doctor said "okay well we will get her a privet room and we will put her on 24 hour watch" they nodded as Clara was wheeled into a room "doctor? I want to go home. Can we do come and do this another day? Because I just want to go home. we can watch movies and eat ice cream." "Clara it doesn't work like that" "I know doctor, but I wish it did and I'm not going to lie but I'm a little scared" "I will be here an nothing bad with happen to you, I promise" he kissed her and watched as she was wheeled into a room. "doctor you'll have to put these on and fill out this form" Martha handed him some conveniently TARDIS blue scrubs, a pen and a price of paper to fill out. "I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill him." Clara was saying over and over as another contraction passed through her. The doctor walked in and looked at Clara, she looked back at him and the doctor spoke while holding Clara's hand. "It's gonna be okay Clara" "hey, I love you chin" "I love you too impossible girl"