The devils we know

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost.

She couldn't help the snort that escaped her as she rolled her eyes, after scanning the scene below her. There were more bodyguards than guests and she couldn't help finding the situation amusing.

"What a joke." She said to herself, looking at all the men well beyond their prime, peacocking around.

"You're bleeding?"

The voice behind her questioned thought she knew it was a statement of I'm considering strangling you right now. And she really did not want to deal with this now. Pasting a bright smile she knew she could see right through she turned to face the big tank of human who was partially visible because of the lamps she turned on.

"Nothing a band aid won't hold solve Mr Litovchenko." She teased.

The balanced the glass she had not yet drank from on the balcony railing before sashaying towards him. The clink of her heels muffled by the soft carpet she stopped a few steps in front of him, still having to crane her neck as she pulled her leather coat off the arm in discussion, brushing her hair away onto the other shoulder.

"See, just teeny weeny a scratch."

The man in front of her seethed. And it dripped off his behemoth form. His mouth opened and closed. And repeated the motion, she was amused, he was not as he shook his head walking off towards the bathroom muttering to himself. Better to himself than have a go at her she shrugged, moving to sit on the edge of the bed, she new it would need two or three stitches. He returned, putting the first aid box down on one side before half curling around her.

"Arm." Okay so silent treatment was how he was going to go about it this time.

He shifted the arm and his leg so that it rested upon it before going in to disinfect. He worked quietly and with precision, preparing the needle, telling her he's starting and then stitching up the jagged line. Once done he disinfected again, before silently getting up to tidy away the stuff he used. Clean freak. She sighed with a shake of her head as she got up.

She took a look at the dress that sat on the bed knowing it wasn't going on. It looked like a nuns dress. And frumpy. She was anything but frumpy.

"Over my god damn dead body." She muttered to herself as the silent giant returned.

Ignoring him she walked to the mirror checking out his neat handiwork once again. She knew it would scar faintly, it wouldn't be her first. Small nicks and long scars were etched across her forearms, her back and upper thigh. A particularly pinkish one, long, jagged and deep across her neck and right collarbone. She often found herself rubbing her hand across it in when it deep thought.

"Bandage Iskra." He said as if she was a child.

"I know Niki." She turned to smile at him as she rolled her eyes.

The behemoth simply shook his head as he approached, bandage in had finishing off his handiwork. Once done he took a step back to glare down at her. She peered up at him through her lashes, her uninjured arm rising, finger feathering across his chest.

"People would think you love me Niki with the way you're trying to incinerate me to a pile of ash at your feet with the way your glaring at me." She cooed.

"You're a force to be reckoned with you know that woman." He sneered. She decided to believe it was laced with love.

She tutted, shaking her head before she turned around to make sure she still looked okay. The latex high waisted shorts stuck like second skin, she simply wiped off the little stain she was sure was blood. The legs harness she wore had three straps each looped around her legs, sitting over her sheer tights to create the thinnest of barriers between skin and her sharp shiny metal pieces that sat strapped to her inner thigh. Unsafe, yes but she loved the shivers it sent down her spine, that one wrong move and she could nick herself. She played with her hair, considering if she should put it in an updo so if she wished to take her jacket off her back would be on show, considering the halter neck was held together by two buttons at the nape of her neck and began again to cover her lower back. The thick harness she wore around her waist like a belt was more to support her boobs, the end being two long pieces of leather that she wrapped around her waist, settling it right above where the halter connected so it could bite into her skin just, with the end bought to the front and tied right in the centre in the daintiest of bows.