| chapter thirty two |

For the rest of the week, Benny and I mutually ignored each other at the lot.

It was weird, y'know? The constant flirting, bickering back and forth, stuff like that wasn't there anymore.

Despite being back in the game, I felt more alone than ever.

It's also the last week of July, meaning only a month left till I go home permanently. Back to Nevada, leaving all of this behind.

I tried not to think about it though, cause the thought of saying goodbye makes me wanna vomit and ball my eyes out, even if I'm not on good terms with Benny at the moment.

However, every day since Diane and I made the bonfire plan, I've spent the rest of the day at her house, rather than fooling around with Benny.

"So... any updates?" I asked Diane while we munched on carrot sticks in her living room.

"Yes actually!" She smiled giddily as she pulled a notepad out from the back pocket of her jean skirt, hanging it to me.

On the pink-tinted paper, written in purple ink was a list of dozens of people, with little boxes and checks next to each name.

The girl pointed at the tiny squares with her clean french tips nails, explaining, "The ones with the checks I've gotten full confirmation that they're going, see?"

"Mhm. That's a lot of people." I mumbled, scanning the page as I moved further down the list.

"And if you see at the bottom there, both Xavier and Benny have agreed."

I gasped, throwing the notepad on the bed. "Holy shit, how?"

"I have my connections, don't worry bout' it."

"So it's on?"

The girl grinned at me with delight. "You know it!"

-

The next day, I scurried my ass home to get ready for the party.

Hopping in the shower, I did a deep cleanse of everything, washing my hair and shaving my legs spotless before waxing my face and scrubbing my teeth clean.

As I walked over to my nightstand, water trailed behind me as my soaking wet hair dripped down my torso and down to my feet.

Drying off, I decided to blow out my hair again cause I loved it last time, and moved over to my closet to pick out an outfit.

Hmm. What to wear?

Picking out a swimsuit, I went for a white two-piece set with little blue flowers and ties at the hips, in case we get in the water.

Cause it's at the beach, I feel like it might get a little chilly, so I went with a baggy pair of blueish cargo pants that sat low on my waist, along with a white tank top that showed off my collar bones.

For jewelry, I went with a large thick pair of silver hoop earrings, and a tighter cross necklace my mom gave me for my eighth birthday.

Finally, for makeup, I did my usual routine, but tight-lined my waterline with black eyeliner, putting sparkles in my inner corner.

Stepping back in my full mirror, I admired my outfit one last time before mentally preparing myself for the shitshow that could potentially unfold.

The party started a solid fifteen minutes ago, but I let Diane know that I'd be showing up fashionably late, which she obviously agreed was the right thing to do. So I slipped on the nearest pair of shoes, which happened to be my black Adidas Sambas, and I headed out the door, snagging my bike from the garage on the way out.