T H R E E

(updated info: Elijah is the eldest brother, Stefan and Genevieve are twins)

Genevieve

I DON'T GET BACK FROM THE SHOPPING STRIP UNTIL LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. After finding my dress for the party, I got a bit too excited and went looking for matching shoes and accessories. The dress I found is a beautifully rich purple threaded with the finest satin Elgantis can offer. The neckline is stitched into a "V" with ruched patterning and the straps are so thin I'm scared they'll snap when I put the dress on; however, I love how the dress hugs my curves like a second skin, as well as the backless part of the dress that stops around my lower back, with more ruches that go down to my tailbone.

My shoes are tall—at least five or six inches—but they sparkle every time the light hits them thanks to their sparkles and glitter. I have one bracelet on my right wrist that matches my shoes, and a thin diamond bracelet dangling above it; on my left wrist, I have thin silver bands in the shape of vines with withering leaves that spiral up my wrist to my shoulder, decorating with the tiniest of white gems.

My hair is pulled back in a bun with small curled strands coming out of it, as well as two strands that descend my temples. My lips are stained a pretty bold pink and my eyeshadow is a few shades lighter than the colour of my dress, blended beautifully, and my eyeliner is so sharp it could pierce like a knife.

Needless to say, I look sexy as fuck.

During my very (very) expensive shopping day, there were rumours of a new member of the Seven Deadly Sins coming to the event. The last time I saw them, I never got a chance to try to talk to them because I was dragged away by my father's orders—not this time. Tonight, I'm going to try to introduce myself. I want to know more about their districts in the south.

Going to Southern Elgantis could be my chance to escape this life. To escape my father.

There are two hard knocks on my door. That's my signal.

I put my makeup away and grab my white faux furs, heading for the front foyer of the family manor.

There used to be photos hung up of before my father was a member of the Chosen. Most of them are from when my brothers and I were younger, and when my older sister, Delilah, still lived within the walls. Most of the ones with Delilah were thrown out the night my father threw her over, but my mother managed to sneak a few of us as a family. She won't tell me where she hid them. I don't blame her.

Most of the photos hung up now have no smiles. No laughter. No happy memories.

I heave a heavy sigh and make it to where my family is gathered. Dad, Elijah and Stefan are dressed in tuxes with different coloured button-up shirts underneath: Dad has a light blue shirt, Stefan has a crimson red shirt and Elijah a dark people one. But while Dad looks polished to the bone, Stefan has two buttons open to expose his favourite cross-chain, and Elijah's jet-black hair is messy and unkempt. We never understood where Eli's dark hair come from. Dad said that our grandfather had black hair and that sometimes genetics skip over generations.

Mom is dressed in a long, sparkling baby blue gown that trails behind her. Her hair is pulled into a tight low bun, glitter decorating down the sides of her hair and on the top of her bun. Her makeup is light but she's never needed much of it thanks to the natural glow of her complexion; like me, she has white furs across her arms and back.

Elijah spots me first and his lips curl into an amused grin.

"Looks like we're matching grapes date tonight," he muses as he makes his way to me. "How much did all of this cost you?"