Friday

In school, class 11/a started with double comp sci, the subject everybody "likes" but only a few appreciate truly. Most people just play games, watch silly videos, go on social media, instead of devoting themselves to the study of computer science.

Dave usually belonged to the select few, as he found the subject interesting, however today he had very important things to discuss.

----------------

DAVE - KINGA DMS

Kinga: Are you sure?

Dave: Yes, 100%!

Kinga: Alright. I better not regret this...

Dave: Don't worry, you won't.

----------------

THE GROUPCHAT

Dave: Everyone! I nominate Matsuda Okitsugu to join our organization!

Kinga: I support the nominee.

Kinga: Now, as per our society's rules, due to our 2/3 majority, the voting is de facto concluded.

----------------

"Hey Matsu" - Dave started talking

"There's some cool people I'd like you to meet."

"Oh?" - Okitsugu tilted his head

"Promise you'll keep what I'm about to tell you a secret?"

"Okay Dave, I promise."

"Last year, me and a couple of cool folk from class formed a secret group against 'virtual tyranny' as we say. We fight against mega-corporations and surveillance capitalism.

Our members beside me, are: Kinga, she might hide it but she is very socially sensitive. She can't stand any form of oppression, so she is naturally allied to our cause. We also have Neményi Arnold, he's studying in Paris now, as you know, but we still keep close online, as most of our group activities take place online anyways. He has a strong sense of justice, and he is our lawyer of sorts.

We'd be honored if you'd join us in the good fight my friend."

"I don't even know how to react... That's- wow... Of course,  I'd love to join! The honor is all mine!"

"Great! Check your messages I sent you an invite to our group chat"

----------------

THE GROUP CHAT

Arnold: I love how you guys didn't even bother to ask my opinion!

Arnold: I'm ever so grateful for you notifying me before adding him to the group, how considerate. I don't even know him at all...

Matsu has joined the chat

Arnold: Lupus in fabula...

Matsu: ???

Matsu:  Hi everyone! I'm happy to be here, and I hope I'll live up to your expectations!

Kinga: Good.

Matsu: :D

...

Arnold: Uhhh guys? WHAT IS THIS?????

Dave opened the hyperlink and it lead to a post on Matsu's blog:

Matsu: OH NO! I SWEAR I MEANT TO PUT THAT IN MY PRIVATE DIARY! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT ENDED UP HERE! I MUST'VE PLACED IT IN THE WRONG DIRECTORY BY ACCIDENT!

Kinga: MATSUDA OKITSUGU! YOU HAVE MANAGED TO LEAK OUR INFORMATION LESS THAN 10 MINUTES AFTER JOINING! LET ME CONGRATULATE YOU!

Arnold: Ok bye.

Arnold went offline

Kinga furiously stormed over to Matsu and Dave, and slung insult after insult at Okitsugu, each meaner and more personal than the last, Dave's pleading for her to stop futile. It didn't take much for Okitsugu to start crying, at which point even Dave started to get angry.

"Now listen here Kinga! The person primarily affected by Matsu's actions is ME okay? YOU don't get to treat him like this for making a small mistake!" - he shook his head in disbelief at Kinga.

Then Dave turned to the sobbing Okitsugu.

Okitsugu avoiding his gaze looking at the ground said "I'm so sorry Dave I really didn't mean to"

"I know, I know. I believe you. It's okay Matsu" - Dave gently wrapped his arms around his crying classmate.

They stayed like that until the end of class, quietly talking while in each other's soft embrace. Dave achieved his goal, Matsu had stopped crying and started to return to his normal self.

The rest of the day went like any other, except for the occasional death-staring contest whenever Dave and Kinga's eyes met, Dave and Matsu had fun talking and it flew by fast.

Soon it was the end of school for the day, and they everyone said their goodbyes.

"Stay safe Matsu, see you next week or maybe over the weekend?"

"Thank you Dave. Sure, let's arrange something! Take care!"