❦ physical

it's been a long year

would we survive in a horror movie?

i doubt it we're too slow

moving

we trust everyone we meet

we didn't know that the sun was

collapsing

'til the seas rose and the buildings came

crashing

everywhere everything

i wanna love you

'til we're food for the worms to eat

'til our fingers decompose

keep my hands in

yours

❧ noah kahan, "everywhere, everything"

Reclined on a lounge of exquisite silk sheets, clutching a platinum goblet of sugared mead with a supplicant's head between her legs, Xosa wondered what heinous crime she committed to deserve such poor treatment

Sunkanmi, having completed the Rite, was secreted off to some dark corner of the Grove for ritual cleansing. Meanwhile, Xosa was forced to entertain herself elsewhere. Her supplicants shooed her off whenever she came near and maintained a respectful silence regarding her soulmate's whereabouts.

Usually, she could roam wherever she pleased in her own damn commune. Apparently, the confirmation of a new twin flame meant she was no longer invited to the party.

Wherever she was, Xosa hoped Sunkanmi was just as miserable and devastated as she was.

(she's insane.)

(who does she think she is?)

An hour earlier Xosa slid into her second form hoping a physical intervention would erase her spiritual consequences, but her heart wasn't in it. Neither was her body, for that matter.

(it's hopeless!)

Xosa sighed mournfully and tapped her cultist's neck to grab his attention. He jerked away, face shiny, curly hair mussed like a shaggy puppy.

"Are my ministrations not to your liking, M'lord? I've never had a problem bringing you pleasure before."

Xosa wished she could remember his name. "Oh, you're perfectly fine. It's not you. I'm just a bit distracted."

(poor guy)

(wasting his time)

"How unfortunate." The lad (thadius? gimlet?) sat up straight as if he were on trial. "How can I better please you? Please instruct me and I will render you the happiest divinity in Misael."