❦ phantom

i thought that things like this get better with time

but i still need you

why is that

you're the only image in my mind

so i still see you

around

i miss you

like everyday

wanna be with you

but you're away

said i miss you

missing you insane

but if i got with you

could it feel

the same

❧ beyonce, "i miss you"

BOOK XX

✩ THE ARCHITECT 

written in the year xxxx

(an emerald spring. cut and cast about like last month's chaff. how silly of us to think it would never end.)

You don't notice me on first blush.

I do most of the looking. Mesmerized by the way you- by how you move in the heat. Your ferocity as you dash through the iron gate without a second glance back. Your fellow carpenters, your brothers-in-arms, try to call you back, slow you down.

But you don't listen.

You never listen.

This, I think, is the real face of bravery. Ridiculous and pointless as it is.

There was a small fire in the village after some fool - some overpaid foreman - forgot to douse the coals in his hotpit.

I was halfway to my horse when your wagon came screaming down the street. Your team dismounted with practiced ease, hours upon hours of tedious training and climbing drills finally put to work for an issue that could've been solved with a bucket.

But I don't think you minded much.

You lived for those moments.

(the potentiality of danger.)

"Stay calm! Help is on the way!"

You extinguish the flame before it commits any serious crime against the wooden foundation. A small crowd gathers, attracted by the noise and the spectacle. They are eager to witness your bravado and showmanship, clapping politely once you finish.