Chapter 2

"Marinette," He began, face softening and eyes looking upset. "But..."

"But what...?" Marinette asked softly as everyone else stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to the duo.

"But... I love someone else..." Adrien replied.

"Yeah." Nino began sarcastically. "We all know you love Ladybug."

Marinette blushed slightly. So he did love her...! Then why was he acting like he didn't?

"That's where you're wrong, Nino. I dont like her anymore either." Adrien seemed to be standing up for himself. He was standing his ground as his expression hardened. "I love someone else. And for your information; we're also in a relationship. So if you don't mind; I have a photoshoot to get to. And I'm sorry Marinette, but I don't think we would've worked out even if I did share the same feelings."

Marinette teared up and began to cry. Alya, noticing how much the boy had upset her friend, stood up and stalked over to Adrien; getting right up in his face.

"You're A Fucking Ass, You Know That?!" Alya growled. "She Just Expressed Her Feelings Infront Of Everyone, Need I Reminded You, And You Shoot Her Down In The Most DISHONEST AND MEANEST WAY POSSIBLE! HAVE YOU NO HEART?!"

This time Adrien was holding back tears. Hes had his father yell at him plenty times with harsh words but he was used to it, but having one of his good friends do the same? Now that struck a vital artery. It was like his heart was in his throat. Taking a few steps away, he turned on his heal and bolted from the group.

"you didnt need to do that alya..." Marinette said softly. "he doesn't love me and that's his choice..."

"I know but he could've gone easier on you." Alya replied flatly.

"Alya's right." Alix piped up. "The dude's been in a secret relationship yet still lead you on to make you believe you had a chance. That wasn't cool of him."

"I know, but dont be to hard on him... Lets still be friends, alright...?"

The group, even Chloé, hesitated for a while before agreeing. But that doesn't mean they won't be cautious around the blonde, who knows when he gonna break another person's heart and confidence.

--
Marinette was wondering out of the school with her classmates when she spotted Adrien. The group had made amends after Alya apologised for her out burst. The group were confused when Luka arrived and the blonde wrapped his arms around the taller male's neck in a hug. Luka held onto Adrien's waist and spun themselves around. They weren't sure when the duo became so close to do that. But when their faces got closer and their lips touched, Marinette dropped her school bag as betrayal was written over her face. Her ex was dating her crush.

"Oh he did not..." Kim gasped.

"Ouch..." Nate added.

"Are you alright, Marinette?" Rose questioned, sweet and caring as always.

"I..." Marinette's eyes welled with tears as her vision blurred with tears. She couldn't watch this anymore. Squeezing her eyes shut, she bolted from the school and ran home.

She burst through the door of the bakery, ran up the stairs, through their apartment and into her room, slamming the trap door shut, flung her purse against the wall before throwing herself onto her bed; a sob wracking her entire body. Tikki, whom had been carelessly thrown against the wall while still inside the bluenette's purse, floated out to see her owner upset.

"It'll be alright, Marinette..." The ladybug kwami said softly. "Stuff like this happens and-"

"It's Not Like That, Tikki!" Marinette cried. She rolled over so she could sit up and face the creature. "Adrien, my crush! Is dating Luka, my Fucking Ex! You'd think Luka would ask me!"

"Marinette." Tikki began sternly. "I dont think Luka has to ask you if he could date Adrien because you'd say no, regardless."

"I thought you were supposed to help me...!"

"Human emotions can be confusing and you're acting a bit possessive of Adrien."

"Geez. Thanks Tikki."

"Im just saying, Marinette...! I think you should just be happy for him. I mean; he's happy, Luka's happy. Did your friends have anyrhing negative to say about it?"

"Not that I know off... I ran off before tjey could say anything and-"

The girl was cut off by her trapdoor opening. Peaking over the railing of her bed, she saw Alya.

"Hey, Alya..."

"Hey, girl." Alya smiled softly as the bluenette stepped down her ladder to welcome the girl. "I brought your backpack for you."

"Thanks..." she took the bag from the other girl.

"Dont be too upset about it, alright? Sure it probably wasn't the best way to have Adrien come out nor show his new boyfriend off, butbwhen he saw your run off, he approached us, apologised and explained everything."

"..."

"He only started to come to terms with his sexuality recently and a month later, he and Luka started to date. He didnt even know you two were dating, so he didnt realise you two had broken up. And to be honest? He's scared. He doesn't want his father to find out that he likes boys because Adrien fears his dad will hurt him as the man is homophobic to an extent."

"Then why date a boy?"

"... Marinette...! That's... That's a low blow, even for you." Alya frowned and stood up. "So he likes boys and Luka in particular. Wjy cant you be happy?"

"Geez, you moved on fast."

"What do you mean?"

"Just yesterday you were angry that Adrien shot me down! And now you're accepting him like nothing happened!"

"The only reason I managed to move on is because I'm not an obsessive stalker who wants Adrien all to myself!" Alya snapped. "Adrien is Bisexual. He broke up with Kagami because he wasnt happy and their relationship was devised by their parents as it would be good for both their families. Then Adrien was forced to date Lila, whom he quickly left after one date! You have no problem with Alix being Asexual and Non-binary. You have no problem with Kim being Bi. With Max being Pan, Sabrina being a demi-girl. You have no issues with Rose and Juleka dating, nor Nathaniel and Marc. You had no harsh thing to say when I came out to you as being pansexual myself, but all because Adrien is Bi and dating a boy, all fucking hell breaks loose! What Is Your Fucking Problem?!"

"get out..."

"What?"

"I said; Get. Out. Get The Fuck Out, Alya!" Mari snapped. "You're Not my Friend anymore! I dont wanna talk to you and I dont want anything to do with you or anyone else for that Fucking Matter! Now Fucking LEAVE!"

If Alya was upset, she didnt show it. She was angey yes, and all of that stayed deep down. Turning on her heal, the blogger left, leaving the room by slamming the trapdoor shut. Marinette clenched her fists. Tears welled in her eyes and the flooded down her cheeks. She reached up and removed her earings.

"Tikki. I renounce you."

"Mari! Wait-!" The kwami disappeared.

Marinette then wandered over to the miracle box and placed Tikki's miraculous in with the other Kwamis. The other magicla beings looked at Mari with hurt and concern as they watched the girl tear everything down from her walls.  She was about to throw the lucky charm that Adrien had made her into her trashcan, still bubbling with anger, when a voice echoed in her mind.

"Betrayal." The voice began. "I am Shadowmoth. The people you love have betrayed you for the last time. Im granting you the power to take away those that care from others. All I ask is for Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculouses. Do we have a deal?"

"Unlike the other villains, I wont betray your words, Shadowmoth."

As Tikki and the other kwamis watched Marinette transform, Tikki picked up her earings and went to find Alya.

Sorry this took forever to come out but I hope you enjoyed.

Also, the image above was edited by ✨me✨