Chapter 7

Since the incident with Luka's akumatisation, yesterday, the duo had grown apart, more and quicker then they thought. Whenever Marinette hung out with the group, Luka avoided them. She so desperately wanted to show how much she felt bad for calling Luka that word but he wouldn't listen. She had explained whatcshe said to the group, regarding their conversation. They weren't happy she said that but forgave her. They even helped to try and get Luka to come back and hang out.

Because of this, Marinette was wracked with guilt. Guilt that seemed like it would take an eternity to get rid of. She was sitting in class when Kagami turned towards her.

"You alright?" she questioned. "You seem a little distant."

"I'm fine, Kagami..."

"... You don't look fine but I wont push you to reveal anything you don't want to. Now. Mrs. Lavigne gave us an assignment."

"What is it?"

"An information report that will be presented to the class. Its also a partner project so would you like to be my partner?"

Marinette doesn't know why but she felt her face heat up a little.

"Uh... S-sure...! Wha-what were you thinking about doing the project about?"

"I was thinking maybe the history of Ladybug or Chat Noir. You know, because they've become a big part of Paris now. There's got to be some sort of history."

"All I know is that the miraculouses date back to over 5 thousand years ago."

"That's a start. So you're happy to do that?"

"mhm, but maybe we could incorporate the entire miraculous team...? You know, because more and more holders have been welcomed to the team over time since Ladybug and Chat Noir needed them."

"Good Idea."

"How about this;" Marinette began, completely ignoring the fact that she might be compromising her identity. "Lets head to the Museum after school. There's bound to be something in there that'll give us clues to ancient holders, right? I mean they all had secret identities, so who says they couldn't already be famous people...!"

"Wow. I didn't realise you were this passionate about Ladybug and Cat Noir's historical origins. You remind me of Alya."

Marinette's heart seemed to stop at the mention of her ex friend's name. They didnt exactly leave on good terms. The last time she saw Alya, was in class when she refused to sit with the blogger during last period on the last day before she transferred to Ermitage International School. She felt tears prick at her eyes but she held them in. She wasn't gonna cry in class nor infront of Kagami. She didnt want the beautiful girl to become worried.

'Wait.' Marinette thought suddenly. 'Why do i think she's beautiful?! Im not saying she's not but, she is. argh! Now Im just confusing myself...!'

"Earth To Marinette!" Kagami cried.

"Huh?!"

"I've been calling you name for 3 minutes...! You good?"

"I'm fine!"

"Good. Then grab your stuff and lets head to the museum."

"Wha-?! Why?!"

"Because class is finished and that's what we planned on doing after school...?"

"Oh, Yeah! ha ha! My bad...! Alright then!" Marinette packed away her things, picked up her bag and grabbed Kagami by the hand. "Lets go!" Kagami was then dragged out of the class.

As she was pulled, Kagami felt her face heat up. When she was with Adrien, her face never heated up this much. She didnt know why, but... as Marinette's soft hand remained entwined with her own, butterflies came to life in her stomach, reverberating up into her ribcage causing, a rippling effect that caused her heart to give off its own flutter. Marinette's hair, in which was like a river, cascading down her shoulders, blew in the breezy momentum the latter gave off as she ran all the way to the museum and pulling poor Kagami with her.

Shaking her head to push these strange feelings back down into her stomach, the girls stopped as the entered the museum. They walked the halls but Kagami noticed a minor detail; They were still holding hands. She didnt mind it but, after what Marinette told them about what she called Luka, she wasnt surenif it would be best to keep this up. She wanted to keep holding Marinette's hand but scared as to what the latter might assume if she didnt release her grip. The universe, probably sick of Kagami tossing over these thoughts, decided on the answer for her by allowing Marinette to let her hand slip as she ran into a small corner display.

With slight hurt and upset, Kagami once again pushed her feelings aside for the sake of both her own pride and friendship. When Kagami joined Marinette's side once more, the girl was analysing a portrait of a woman holding a white rabbit in her arms.

"I feel like she's worth a look at." Marinette explained. "Because you normally wouldnt have a portrait with a rabbit right?"

"It could be something popular or culturally significant to her ethnicity or the time back then, but I agree." Kagami replied. "We should definitely have a look into her history. Dont they expose the identities of the departed heroes?"

"Not sure. But either way; I think she's important." Marinette the pulled out her phone and wrote down the name of the woman in the painting as it's illegal to take photos of expensive/famous artworks; especially if they're displayed in a museum as, if the photo was somehow exposed to the wrong people or darker side of the internet with the information they collected, anyone who's anyone would target the piece of interest for a burglary.

"Should we keep looking for pieces of interest?" Kagami questioned, folding her hands before her.

"Absolutely but I have to go to the bathroom first! Just stay here and keep looking then when I return we can have a look at other displays, alright?"

Kagamin nodded and watched the girl run off in the general direction of the bathroom. As Kagami waited for Marinette, a group of kids, all wearing casual attire walked by. She didnt recognise any of them at first glance but eventually did when a voice called out.

"Kagami?!" came the voice, in which belonged to a blonde boy with emerald green eyes.

"Hello, Adrien, Luka and friends." Kagami replied as she turned to face the large group.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ive come to do some research for a class project with my project partner."

"Where's your partner?"

"Bathroom."

"Oh...!"

"What's your project about, Kagami?" Alix questioned.

"The history of the Miraculouses. We already know that they date back to around 5 thousand years. Probably further than that for all we know."

"Sounds like a shit tone of research."

"Not really." Kagami turned towards Luka. "How are you feeling, Luka? You know, since you're akumatization? You grew distant from the friend group."

"Im doing OK..." Luka replied quietly. "Just not very happy with you know who."

"She is terribly sorry. She didnt mean to let that slip."

"What actually happened?" Juleka questioned. "Because Luka didnt say anything."

"A friend called me the F slur." Luka replied. Just then, the person responsible for that particular insult wandered back over, causing the group to turn.

Marinette's face grew into a frown upon seeing the Collège Françoise Dupont high school students. Everyone looked at her in suprise and shock. They noticed she was also wearing the same uniform as Kagami. Marinette realised that Luka was in casual wear, hinting to just how long Kagami and herself have been at the museum.

"..." Alya stared as tears began to form upon seeing her best friend. "Marinette...?!"