Chapter 8

"..." Alya stared as tears began to form upon seeing her best friend. "Marinette...?!"

"Hello Alya." Marinette replied flatly.

"You... You changed schools...?"

"No shit Sherlock."

"Geez." Alix began. "What crawled up your ass this morning?"

"... Lets go Kagami." Marinette grabbed Kagami's wrist and started to drag her away. "We can work more on the project at my house."

"Wait-!" the latter began her protest but once again, her feelings got the better of her and caused her to succumb to the orders of her friend.

She wasnt weak. Not in a physical sense. She could quite easily stand up for herself from a man 10 her size. Before her father died, he had always told her that power wasnt something that allowed one to defeat an enemy. It was size. If you were smaller than your opponent, then it gives you the gift of energy; being able to exert it into bursts, allowing you to dodge the clambering movements of someone bigger. So if Marinette's old classmate, Kim, stood up to her for a fight, Kagami wouldn't hesitate in drop-kicking his ass.

In an emotional sense. Yes. She would admit that. She found that her emotions sometimes got the better of her, like now for example. If anyone else was to be dragging her from point A to point B, she would twist outta their grip and bitch slap them across the face if necessary. But... she couldn't even muster enough emotional balance to even twitch her finger or even give the hint of wanting to pull away. This confused her.

Again. She never felt like this with Adrien. Never with anyone else, ever. But with Marinette...? This was something she couldn't explain and if she tried, then it would all come out in such a jumbled mess, you'd wonder if her brain was wired properly. They got to Marinette's family's bakery and wandered through the back and upto the family's apartment before proceeding up the stairs and through thr trapdoor to enter Marinette's room.

When they got settled in, Marinette sat in her computer chair and began to do research on the woman in the painting, while Kagami sat on the sofa bed and started to organise the information, they had already collected into paragraphs, so that they could read and understand the writing better. But Kagami was distracted. She wanted to know why the other girl was acting so sour towards her old classmates.

She opened her mouth to say something tovthe other girl but closed it again, rethinking her decision. Marinette wasnt happy right now and she didnt want to make her any madder, so she just directed her attention to her part of the project and let the thoughts wander.

OK so I know this is very short compared to the other chapters but I was just completely lost on this one so that's the reason for the length.

Hope you understand.

Bye!
Xxx