Chapter 9

As time went by, Kagami continued to push away her feelings for Marinette, in which were growing stronger with each passing day. The latter had made amends with Luka but the reasoning behind the girl's relocation of schools and the one-sided hatred she had with her old classmates was still a mystery. A mystery she was desperate to solve. But... She wasnt sure how. That's where she was stuck.

The group were hanging out with each other in a nearby park, getting Ice-cream from André. Kagami was so deeply lost in her thoughts that she didnt realise the flavours of her ice-cream till she satcdown next to Ondine, whom had half demolished her own ice-cream. Kagami's was two scoops; blackberry and oeach eith choc-chips. She stared at it for a while before her face heated up, upon realising it was supposed to resemble

"marinette..."

"Huh?" cam a voice. "Did you say something, Kagami?"

"wha-?" Kagami was confused until she realised she said the girl's name. "N-no..! sorry, just talking to myself...!"

"Oh... Alright then!"

The girl turned back to talking to Nicolas and Kagami got a glance at her ice-cream, in which had similar flavours; blackberry and peach, minus the choc-chips.

'It cant resemble me...! could it...? No. Stop it, Kagami. She doesn't like you like that, so stop thinking like that.'

Marinette was in an inner state of panic. Since the whole incident with Adrien and Luka, the blue-haired boy becoming akumatized and what not, Marinette had noticed that her feelings had started to change. And her ice-cream was the indication to it; replicating Kagami. She had made the connection after thinking to hard on it like she usually does. When she saw Kagami's own ice-cream, a little flicker of hope ignited her feelings. The latter's ice-cream was similar to her own.

A group of people wandered over. When Marinette looked up, her face fell to shame? guilt? it was hard to tell. A blonde boy with green eyes raced over and wrapped his arms around Luka's neck. The taller, rocker boy smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Oh...! Hey, Marinette...!"

"h-Hey, Adrien..." Marinette replied quietly, clutching her ice-cream with both hands.

As the rest of the group, being Miss Bustier's students from Françoise Dupont stood still, an awkward aura hung in the air. The tension was so thick one could cut it with a knife.

"So... Mari?" Nathaniel began. "Why'd you leave?"

"Why would you lead with that, Dumbass?!" Nicolas cried, giving his younger brother a wack up the back of his head.

"What Else Was I Supposed To Say?!" Nathaniel retaliated, pupils dialating. "I've Been In Rehab Most Of The Time!"

"Rehab...?" Marinette questioned, curiosity peaked.

"Yeah..." Nate sighed as he turned towards the girl. "One of my personalities has been seriously bad with self harming actions."

"Sorry to hear. Are you doing any better?"

"Yeah." Nathan's face suddenly lit up, signaling that his more happier, cheery side was taking a hold of the reins. "I dislocated my shoulder and punched wall which resulted in breaking my hand! Cool, huh?!"

"uh... You shouldn't be happy about that... But... sure..."

"But, still." Myléne began. "Why did you leave?"

Marinette made eye contact with Alya. The fight they had, months ago, was still fresh in her mind. Since being rejected by Adrien and finding out the boy was gay, she has said some very horrible things to Alya. Ones she wishcshe had never said and instantly regretted. She managed to patch things up with Luka, so was it possible to do the same with Alya? Maybe... But Mari's reasons for leaving were pathetic; Jealousy and hatred. Standing up, she tried to approach rhe girl but stopped in her tracks. She then turned around placed her ice-cream in the bin and ran off.

Kagami watched her leave. Eating the last bit of her ice-cream cone, she stood up and followed close behind. She found the girl a little ways from the bridge where they were moments before. Marinette was sitting on a park bench with her knees pulled to her chest and sniffling. Approaching, Kagami sat sown and placed her hands in her lap.

"Are you alright, Marinette?"

"N-N-No!" the latter stammeres as she wiped her eyes. "No I'm not OK!"

"Would you like to talk to me?"

"... Do tou know why I transferred schools?"

"No. No I do not, because you never told me."

"R-right... You see... I confessed my frelings to Adrien and he said he didnt feel the same way. I accepted him for that. Then after school the next day, I saw him Kiss Luka. My Ex for that matter. I got upset again, then ran home. Alya came and dropped my bag off then one thing led to another and we had a fight. We cut off our friendship and I got akumatized..."

"I know about the battle Chat and Scarrabella had to fight you. I was there."

"Wha-?"

"I was nearby and saw the heroes fighting. I heard Cat Noir mention it was you and I froze. I didnt want to freeze on the spot but I was do fixated on you I didnt realise I could've possibly been injured. Cat Noir and Scarrabella then asked foe my help ro distract you, in which i was happy to." Kagami felt her face heat up.

"Are you alright? Your face is all red."

"I-I'm fine... actually... can I tell you something, Marinette?"

"S-sure...!"

"I just gonna come out and say it as direct as possible. I like you Marinette."

"I like you too!"

"I-I dont think you understand the context. I love you Marinette. More than a friend. More like romantically."

"I love you to!"

"Wait. Are you just doing this to play with my feelings...?"

"I would never do that to you, Kagami! Your a great friend to me, but... I dont wanna be friends anymore because I think it'll be to awkward to keep that charade up. I cant keep pushing my feelings away. feelings that I recently discovered I have for you." She turned so she was facing Kagami. "I went through a lot after everything that happened with Luka being akumatized and shit. I realised that my actions towards Adrien weren't ones of love but more of obsession."

"You were a bit of a stalker, I have to say."

"Geez. Thanks. But anyway, it lead me to think if I was really into boys in that respect. Sure I dated Luka and, dont get me wrong, that was fun, for the most part, till he told me that there was something wrong with him that was stopping him from fully recuperating my feelings. All Im trying to sayvis that; after a lot of self consideration, I think Im bisexual. And the feelings i had foe Luka are the same Ichave for you right now."

"So... what your saying is that you wanna give this a try? You and me?"

"Definitely."

"Can... Can I kiss you?"

Marinette's face flushed, but she nodded as a response. Withca smile, both girls leant into one another and their lips connected.