Misunderstandings (Requested)

"Are you fucking serious, Y/n? We've been together for over a year, and you cheat with Victoria? Your best friend?" she shouts, an angry look on her face.

"Jenna, all of those pictures are edited. Do you genuinely believe that I would do something like that with Victoria? She's like a sister to me," you explain, running your hand through your hair, frustrated.

The tears fall from her eyes faster than you. She can stop them. You step forward to try and comfort her, but she moves back.

"Don't you dare, Y/n? I don't want to hear excuses. You're with her all the time. You've spent more time with her than me for the past month!"

She takes a deep breath, trying to compose herself.

"Jenna, baby, please. I can explain everything. Please hear me out," you plead, tears threatening to spill from your eyes.

She shakes her head. "I'm leaving, Y/n. I'm sorry, but I can't handle this right now."

You grab her wrist gently, making her look at you. "Don't go. Just sit with me and let me explain everything. Please?"

She refused. She didn't want to hear your excuses. Before you knew it, she packed her things and left to stay with her parents.

You thought it would take a week, maybe too. You were willing to wait if she needed time to think things through. You didn't want to push her and make the situation worse.

Time skip

It's been three months since Jenna left. You've tried to reach out numerous times, but she didn't reply.

You drove to her parent's house to speak to her in person, but her parents refused to let you in.

You were heartbroken. It was all a big misunderstanding, and she wouldn't let you explain yourself.

You reached your bedside cabinet and pulled out the small red box.

Inside it was the most beautiful ring you could find. Victoria worked in a jewellery store. You spent that month with her looking for the perfect ring you could propose to Jenna.

Even though it's only been about a year since you started dating, you were sure you wanted to marry how.

You couldn't blame Jenna for being suspicious. Finding a ring you thought was good enough had taken a lot longer than you thought.

All you wanted was a chance to speak with her—to apologise for the secrecy and for making her worry.

You hear a knock on the door. You sigh, putting the ring in your pocket as you open it.

You assume it's Victoria coming to your apartment to keep you company and be your shoulder to cry on.

You open the door to find Jenna on the other side. She looks like she hasn't slept. Her eyes are bloodshot, and she plays with her rings, which she does when she's nervous.

"Hi", you whisper, afraid to say the wrong thing and make her leave again.

"Hi, Y/n. I know I shouldn't be here, but can I come in and speak with you? There are so many things I need to say," she explains, biting her lip at the sad look on your face.

You nod, stepping aside to let her walk in. She takes a seat on your couch, and you join her.

"Do you want anything to drink?" you offer. She shakes her head, a small smile on her face at how caring you are despite what happened.

She takes a deep breath before looking up at you.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry about everything that happened. Victoria finally managed to explain everything to me. It took me three months to realise how much of an idiot I was. I fucked up so badly. I let my insecurity get to me, and I ruined our relationship" She shakes her head, chuckling bitterly as she wipes a tear from her cheek.

"It means nothing, but I wanted to apologise in person. I hope you can move on and be happy. You deserve someone incredible," she continues.

You stay silent for a minute, letting her words sink in.

Jenna nods to herself, deciding she's done enough damage and should leave you be.

She's about to stand up when you gently put a hand on her leg. She looks at you as you pull out the small red box and hand it to her.

You nod at her wordlessly, and she opens the box. Her eyes prick with tears as she stares at the ring. It's gorgeous.

"I'm hurt that you didn't trust me. I took so much time and care in picking this ring because I wanted it to be perfect. It's what you deserve."

Jenna takes your hand, squeezing softly. "It's an amazing ring. Whoever you're with now is the luckiest woman."

You shake your head. "What do you mean, whoever I'm with now? We never officially broke up."

"I know, but I just assumed-" she started saying before you cut her off.

"Have you moved on already?" she shakes her head quickly, instinctively cupping your face.

You don't pull away, happy to have her close to you again.

"Of course not; I could never. I'm sorry for saying that. I love you, Y/n. I love you so much." she whispers.

"I love you too" You kiss her forehead softly.

You spent the next several hours talking. It felt good to discuss what happened finally.

You both agree that you want to try again. It'll take time, but you love each other so much, and you're happy to take time and rebuild the relationship.

Total words: 921

A/N

Thank you for this request! Not sure if I'm happy with it, so I might rewrite but let me know how you like it :)

I didn't manage to post as many imagines as I wanted today so I'll post the others tomorrow.

Also part 2 with proposal????