E i g h t

Yasu's POV

The servant lady had put bandages over my wounds. She told me that the wounds on my face are beginning to heal already. I can thank Rengoku-san for teaching me to use total concentration breathing.

"Feel free to call me Akari," Akari smiles, finishing up looking over to see if I had any more wounds. "I'll take you to Miss Kota now."

She leads me through some big halls, ending up in front of a door. She knocks once, waits, then knocks again. 

"Looks like she's still outside. You can wait inside. I'll bring her to you." Akari says, pushing me into the room. 

I look up and see that the room is gigantic. Oh my goodness. 

I take a seat on the floor, admiring how big her room is. I hear the room slide open and turn around.

"Hello!" She grins and closes the door behind her. "How are your wounds? Did Akari treat you nicely? What were you doing in the forest?" She blurts, making my head spin.

"Oh- uh-" I mutter, blinking. "Sorry, you asked too many questions... I don't remember the first two." I apologize and flash her a small smile.

"Forget it. It's fine." She shakes her head. "So, what were you doing in the forest?"

My smile fades away.

"Oh, I was just fighting a demon..." I mutter, awkwardly scratching my cheek. This is embarrassing.

Her eyes sparkle. Does she know what demon slayers are?

"I'm not that strong, though." I add.

I can feel her studying me, so I feel free to study her once more. Long black hair that fades to blue. She has rich green eyes that sparkle in the light. Her features are flawless. 

A knock is heard, and we both turn that direction. 

I freeze. That strong aura again. I keep my guard up.

"Dearie~! Are you back?" I hear a very cheery voice coming from outside. 

"Yes!" Kota, I'm assuming, calls out and the door slides open.

The tall figure that just stepped in sees me. "Oh! You also brought a friend!" He smiles, walking towards Kota. 

"I saw her in the forest wounded. I brought her in! She's a demon slayer!" Kota exclaims, grinning widely. 

I study the tall man. He has really light brownish-blonde hair, a red turtleneck and... rainbow eyes. They're very unique, but I can't wash this weird feeling away from my chest.

"Wow, you strangely look a lot like Kokushibo-dono! I wonder why.. What's your name, little one?" The rainbow-eyed man asks. 

"My name is Yasu..." I mumble, not taking my eyes off of this strange man.

"And your last name?"

I can't tell them.

"...I- I don't have one..? Heh-" I nervously chuckle, my face burning. 

Kota looks at me strangely, and the tall guy clicks his tongue. "Poor girl... you could stay with us for a while!"

I glare at him. "I don't like the aura coming off of you."

"Uh... okay then-" Kota frowns, scratching her head. "Dad, who is Kokushibo-dono?"

Dad? This weird guy is her dad?

"Oh! He's another friend of mine. He's not very talkative though.." The rainbow-eyed guy answers. I'm not even sure if it's a guy. I'm pretty sure he's a demon. A really strong one too.