T w e n t y

Yasu's POV

"No worries, Senjuro. He is a demon who adopted me!" I put my hands on my hips, smiling proudly.

"Don't get this... wrong... I was... forced.." The uppermoon one mumbles, sighing.

"We gotta go now. Byeee!!!" I wave, grabbing Senjuro's wrist and walking away.

The squad all stick close to me, and scurries into the crowded street.

-------------------

I sit by the porch, nervously picking on my fingernails. Rengoku-san is coming back from his mission today. I hope he's okay.

"Caw!" I hear a squawk up in the sky, and I jump to my feet. 

Glancing into the clear blue sky, I see Rengoku-san's crow flying down towards our estate.

"Is everything okay?" I ask the crow when he safely lands on the ground.

"Rengoku is badly injured, caw!" It replies, and my heart stops for a second.

"Well, where is he??" I ask, getting impatient. 

"Butterfly estate with Kocho Shinbou! Caw!!"

Without a second thought, I dash out of the front yard.

---

"Rengoku-san!" I shout as soon as I step foot into the butterfly mansion. Pushing the helpers aside, I check every single room until I'm stopped by one of the girls, Aoi.

"Yasu!" She scolds, holding my wrist and not letting me go. "There are injured people here! Be more careful!"

I nod. "Okay, okay! Sorry, Aoi. But I really gotta find Rengoku-san!" I shook her arms off and take off dashing again.

"Rengoku-san?" I shout as I open one door, revealing the injured flame hashira sitting upright on a bed. Kocho-san is next to him, feeding him medicine. 

Their heads turn to me, and Rengoku-san smiles. "Ah, Yasu. Come in."

I hurry over and wrap my arms around him. "I was so worried!!!"

"Huf-!" He grunts, wincing in pain. I let go instantly. 

"Sorry... How is the squad? Tanjiro-kun and his friends? Are they okay?" I ask, desperate to know. "Oh, and didn't Kota go with you too? How is she? Where is she?"

"Young Kamado and his friends are fine," He answers, taking the medicine and drinking it quickly. "Koat... on the other hand.."

"What? What happened?"

He takes a deep breath. "The demon I fought. He took her."

I freeze in place, not knowing what to do.

"The pillars are having a meeting about it." He continues. "You can learn more when you get there. I need to stay here."

Without a word, I run out of the room and into the yard.

-

I sit down at a nearby rock. I don't want to interrupt, so I'm a distance away. I can still hear their conversations.

"You have to tell us," Igrou-san was now speaking. "Or else we won't know what's going on."

Tanjiro-kun notices me, and beckons me to sit next to him. I decide to quietly step in, taking a seat next to him.

He briefly explains what has happened.

Agatsuma-kun speaks softly. "The thing is... it was weird. The uppermoon was asking her something like; 'What do you think you're doing, Kota?', and Kota answered 'I don't know'"