T w e n t y - n i n e

Yasu's POV

"The Tsuginkuni Yoriichi? My ancestor?" I gape as I take a step back.

"Who else?" He chuckles. "But sadly, I'm not here to chit-chat."

"Me neither," Another voice chimes in. 

My ancestor looks surprised. He slowly tilts his head around, glancing over my shoulders. 

"Who is that?" I ask, looking back.

A figure, similar to Yoriichi-sama's, approaches us with steady motion. Also a spirit. 

"Did you already forget me?" The voice says as his figure becomes clearer. 

I widen my eyes. "Spider?!"

He stops, takes one glance at me and fixes his gaze on Yorrichi-sama. The space becomes silent.

"Are you dead?" is the first question Yorrich-sama asks the six-eyed de-, no, Michikatsu. It seems like spider regained his human form.

Spider opens his mouth. "Is that seriously the question you ask? Of course I am. I got slayed by my OWN descendant. Maybe I kind of allowed him to behead me, I don't know anymore."

"Tokito-kun?" I grin. "I knew he'll be able to do it."

Spider stays silent for a moment. "Are we going to help Yasu kill Kibutsuji or not?" He snorts, then his face brightens. "I can finally say his name."

"Yes, yes." Yorrichi-sama nods, agreeing. "We are way off topic. I'm here to teach you the thirteenth form of Sun breathing. I don't know why my brother is here-"

"-Her Moon breathing techniques suck."

I frown, crossing my arms. 

"Then it is settled. Part of my spirit will linger around your soul, helping with the movements. I'm not saying you're too weak to perform the thirteenth form-"

"-she IS weak."

"-I'm just saying I don't have any spare time to teach you."

"Alright..." I mummur.

"So you agree?" My ancestor asks to confirm. I nod firmly. "Okay then."

The two brothers disappears from my sight, and the space fades out back into reality. 

Reality where most of the pillars are at their edge of death.

Suddenly I feel a gush of wind brush against my cheeks, startling me and the pillars. The demon king stops also. The trees were still, while the wind continued to blow against our faces.

"Sanemi, is that your doing?" Rengoku-san asks, completely frozen in place. 

"What? No!" The angry pillar replies. 

Then everything goes still. 

Everyone snaps out of their thoughts and goes back to fighting, while I feel.. strange. 

It's like my body is just out of reach, just I can't seem to really reach it. 

No worries, Yasu. It's me.

Yoriichi-sama.

Look at all these breathing techniques you could use. How strong.

His voice echoes through my brain like a soft breeze in the middle of a spring. 

Without any other information, I see that my body is charging forward with extreme speed I was never able to accomplish. 

Also, I'm here. Right beside your possessed body or whatever. 

Spider! I try to wave, but of course, I can't. I'm just like a doll waiting to be controlled by someone, in this case Yoriichi-sama.

My arms swing in the most talented way I've ever seen in my life. 

"You missed me?" I- no, Yoriichi-sama speaks in my voice. It sounds so different.

So weird.

I hate my voice.

Anyways-

My arms swings so smoothly that I'm lost in it. He's performing the 13th form. The combination of all 12 forms.

I didn't even master all the forms. 

This live-action is letting me see how strong Yoriichi-sama is.

He cuts through Kibutsuji's body like butter, cutting them into many pieces. I see the pillars all stunned at what I- no.. what Yoriichi-sama did. I'm stunned too.

"He's pretty strong, yeah?" I hear spider's voice beside me. I turn my head to see him sitting beside me without his six creepy eyes. 

I nod. "You must be too."

He stays silent. "My brother is stronger than me. That's what made me become a demon to overpass his power." He looks slightly. "But even becoming a demon couldn't overpower him."

I look back at the battlefield. Kibutsuji is struggling to regenerate. The sun will rise soon.

I feel a push at my back, and I screech in fright. I shut my eyes. I feel like my whole body just hit a brick wall. I'm huffing really loudly, but I force my eyes to open. My vision is blurry, but it looks like I'm back in my body.

Is this how it feels to be pushed back into your body?

I glance down to see Kibutsuji gritting his teeth at me, veins forming on his face. He manages to cut my sides a little before I jumped away.

He regenerates and starts attacking everywhere. The pillars are panting, trying to put as much oxygen in their lungs as possible. Their moves are much slower now. I, too, get slashes on my face and arm. Hot liquid drops into my mouth, spreading the irony taste around my tongue. 

The pillars are using all their strength. I try my best to get closer to the demon king, but his obstacles are blocking my way. If I take one more step, my legs will cut off. 

Thunder breathing, first form; Thunderclap and flash

My ears perk up at the familiar voice. A flash blinds my eye for a second, but when the flash disappears, I see that Agatsuma-kun has arrived. He has some minor injuries. And.. he's..

Awake?

No time to focus.Agatsuma-kun has made some opening... but-

After that, he does something unexpected. I blink, and his body explodes everywhere. What the heck?

"I've seen this strategy. It's what he used on me to escape when I first encountered him." I hear Yoriichi-sama speaking beside me softly. "You must cut all his explode pieces in order to finish him off."

I huff. "I've got a solution for that."

I ignore the pain on my sides, my face, and my arm. I breathe in deeply.

Eclipse breathing, second form; Blindness

Swing my sword in a circle motion, my breathing technique makes several circles moving them forward. The increase in size as they charge at the demon king, slicing every single demon flesh it comes across.

As Kibutsuji's body cuts, the sun peeks its way through the surface, welcomed by a scream in pain.

It was finished.