Tanjiro x Yasu (Pt. 1)

(1st ENDING)

Requested by: imashleyyyb

Sorry if it's not what you wanted!

Yasu's POV

The sun was shining brightly and all the pillars were just standing there, witnessing the demon king burning into ashes.

We didn't move for a few minutes, just taking in what just happened.

We finally did it.

The room was filled with cries of joy.

But my attention drifted off to a certain boy laying on the ground.

Kamado-kun.

He was surely dead. I will never be able to see that kind face again. He wasn't able to see Nezuko turning back into a human. 

I should've stepped in when I had the chance.

He was out there fighting with everything he's got, and I was watching doubting myself. I wasn't even trying.

It's all my fault.

I could've saved him, though there is nothing I could do now.

My heart ached with unbelievable pain. It was all my fault. I didn't do anything. I just watched him die.

"Yasu?" The very familiar voice of Rengoku-san calls out to me. I can hear his footsteps approaching.

I can't bother to look at him. No, not like this.

He trained me to protect people, not stand around and watch them die before my eyes. 

My eyes can't even form tears anymore. It's too painful to cry. I hate crying.

"Yasu," Rengoku-san calls once again, and I feel a gentle press on my shoulders. "As demon slayers, we have to prepare ourselves to the loss of loved ones."

Anger. My brows furrow. "I know that." I clench my fists. "But I could've stepped in. I didn't."

He doesn't reply. I didn't want this conversation to go any further anyway.

I stumble forward to the lifeless body, and collapse down beside it. With shaking hands, I grab his haori and grip onto it tight.

I hear a few of the pillars mumbling beside Kanroji and Igrou-san's lifeless body also, mourning over them. 

My eyes start to water, blurring my vision. Not now, I hate crying. 

One single drop of tear land on Kamado-kun's haori. My vision clears a little bit, and I catch a glimpse of something before I blink.

Kamado-kun's fingers twitched in my hands.