E i g h t e e n

Yasu's POV

"Hello, spider." I grumble, rolling my eyes. "I'm just going to go now."

He grabs my arm, holding me hostage. "You're coming... with me..."

Hell nah.

"Um. No thanks. I don't want to face the demon king again. He'll kill me for sure!!"

"That's why... I'm taking you..." He answers, merely in a whisper.

Okay, fair point.

"Wait, wait- but I'm still young!" I try and convince him with some stupid reasons. At least I'm trying!

"He won't care."

Crap.

"I guess I'll have to fight." I mumble, puffing up my chest. "If I die, I will die with honor."

"No one will know... that you fought him.."

I groan and roll my eyes. "Can you stop deflating my last bits of hope? I'm being dragged to my death!"

"...fair." He mumbles under his breath, dragging me towards the dark woods. He'll probably call Nakaame, or Nakime, someone like that to teleport. Wait, no. A demon like that to teleport. 

My sandals dig into the soil while being dragged. I'm like a deflated person. No strength of my own.

"Nakime," He softly calls, and we're immediately in the demon's layer. 

Okay, I'm being dragged to my death. It's still hours away from the sunrise. I have no plan in mind, except to fight for my dear life. Who knows, there's one out of quadrillion chances I'll live! 

Okay, that doesn't help. 

I dig into my pocket and fidget with the flute Tanjiro-kun gave me. This is useless right now. He won't be able to hear this. 

I blow on the flute slightly, giving off a tiny 'toot' sound. Hmm. Satisfying. 

"Hey, spider. Isn't this the weird meeting place? I've always thought, shouldn't the meeting place be a little more private?" I ask, examining the flute in my hand.

He doesn't answer. Instead, he lets go of me and I fall on my tailbone with a thud. 

"Ow!" I wince, rubbing where my tailbone is located. "You know, that wasn't very nice."

"Behave. The uppermoons will be here soon." He says slowly, taking a seat beside me.

I scoff. "You can't tell me to behave, especially in front of my enemy."

I feel something on my head. Since I can't move my head, my eyes travel up and see that spider's arms are resting on my precious head! 

"Rude!" I shout, trying to swat it away. He's way stronger than me, so I fail.

I hear a soft 'bwing' and the uppermoons all teleport here. My heart starts to beat fast. Nervousness. At least this spider is with me. They won't lay a finger on me when I'm with him.. I hope.

"Yasu?" Akaza tilts his head to check if it's really me, since I'm covered by this giant demon's clothes.

I raise my arm, and give him a slight wave. "Hi."

"Kokushibo-dono finally decided to bring you, huh?" He laughs. I furrow my eyebrows, crossing my arms.

"This spider had no right to kidnap me. You bunch of-"

"Silence." A chilly voice sends shivers down my spine. Kibutsuji.

I can kind of make out the demon king's figure. He's scanning through the demons, finally landing his eyes on spider.