Flashback

England, 1492

"Ah, good evening, Trevor" Elijah greeted, "I am pleased you could join us"

"I could not miss the birthday celebration" Trevor responded.

"No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak?" Elijah looked around.

"Right this way" Trevor walked with Elijah following, touching the arm of a girl, "My dear"

The girl turned around, "Hello"

Her and Elijah looked at each other for a while.

"Forgive me, you remind me of someone" Elijah replied.

"Katerina, may I introduce the Lord Elijah" Trevor responded.

Elijah held out his hand and Katerina held it curtsying, "Pleasure, My Lord"

"The pleasure's all mine. Katerina" Elijah replied.

                                     __

"So where are the hosts I've heard so much about?" Katerina questioned.

"Fashionably late" Elijah answered, "They like to make an entrance. There they are" Elijah gestured towards the twins"

The twins walked into the crowd as the guest greeted them, the. They seen Katerina and walked to her.

"'Katerina may i introduce to you' The lord Niklaus, and the Lady Nikole" Elijah introduced.

Katerina curtsied. Niklaus kissed her hand, "Niklaus is the name my father gave me. Please.. call me Klaus"

Nikole curtsied, "Nikole is fine"

"From where have you come, Katerina?" Klaus asked.

"I'm new to town, My Lord" Katherine replied.

"Katerina is from Bulgaria" Elijah smiled.

"Zradevei, Katerina" Klaus said.

Katerina laughed, "Very good"

"You are such a show off Nik" Nicole teased.

Klaus smiled.

"Do you mind, brother?" Klaus asked, "We would like to have a moment alone with her"

"No, not at all" Elijah responded

Nikole gave Klaus a look

In there mind

"Do you want to come, Nikole" Klaus asked.

"Now that you asked, I would love to" Nikole replied.

Out of there mind

"Happy Birthday, twins" Elijah added.

                                      __

Nikole and Elijah walked into Klaus's room.

"Look! The Roman parchment" Elijah showed Klaus.

"I remember etching this scroll" Klaus replied, "Well, I was quite blistered from drink"

"Your finest work remains your Aztec drawings" Elijah responded.

"Not the African carvings? 'Cause I was quite proud of those" Klaus stated.

"The Aztec. Nikole?" Elijah questioned.

"Mmm, the ones Nik and I did together, but if I had to choose between the two. I'd say the Aztec" Nikole answered.

"Who can resist a shaman?" Elijah smiled.

"Yes" Klaus laughed.

"Times like this I miss my sister, you two bore me" Nikole said.

                                      __

The day before the full moon

The twins were in Klaus's room and Elijah walked in.

"The full moon of tomorrow, brother" Klaus stated, "After all these centuries it is finally time"

"I have been to see the witches. They believe they may have found a way to spare the doppelgänger" Elijah informed.

"What does it matter if she lives or not? She's a means to an end, that it is all" Klaus replied.

"So she should die for your gain?" Elijah questioned.

"She is human. Her life means nothing" Klaus replied.

"Her life means something to me Nik, I like her she's like a sister to me" Nikole said.

"Do you really like her or do you just miss our sister?" Klaus asked.

"I miss our sister" Nikole answered, "Sorry Elijah, I tried"

"I beg you to consider this" Elijah responded.

"Are you so foolish as to care for her?" Klaus questioned.

"Of course not" Elijah replied.

"Love is a vampire's greatest weakness. And we are not weak, Elijah. We do not feel.. and we do not care" Klaus stated.

"We did once" Elijah added.

"Too many lifetimes ago to matter. Tell the witches not to bother. The sacrifice will happen as planned" Klaus walked off, "Sister"

"For what it's worth, I do like her" Nikole started to walk off.

"Wait" Elijah grabbed her arm, "If you tell him to let the witches bring her back he'll do it"

"Brother, I'm sorry, but if Nik kills her and I act sad about it he'll want to make it up to me and I can get him to undagger Rebekah, I hope you understand" Nikole walked out.