Chapter 6

The instant I got home, I unbuckled Sam from his booster and ran inside. It was about seven fifteen, almost his bedtime. I looked around for mom and dad, but couldn't find them. I searched in the cars, the office, and most of the rooms. I finally approached their bedroom door and knocked softly.
"Come in." I heard my mother, muffled behind the wooden door.
I open the door to see that my father was in the shower- of course the door being closed- and that Sam has already found his way in. I saw a pill cutter on my father's night stand with a few cut up pills inside.
"What's wrong, dear?" my mother questions with caring eyes.
"Nothing, I just didn't know where you guys were... You usually don't go to bed until ten o'clock. "
"Well, Emerald. I'm tired, and dad has to do over time tomorrow. Goodnight. " She kissed my head softly and returns to her bed. I quickly and quietly grab the pill bottle that was unknown- I chose that one because it was still filled with cotton which muffled noise.
I run to my room as quietly as possible and pick up my phone. I go to the last text message I sent Jase, and send him another:

"Hey. .-."

I set my phone down and walk towards Sam's room. I see him in Sage's bed curled up in a little ball. Sleeping soundly. I put the blanket over his little body and kiss his cheek. I walk out, turning off the lights and jogging towards the bathroom. I quickly shower and removing my -slightly runny- make-up.
I hear a little "ba-ding!" and towel in hand (practically naked), run out of the restroom to see if my phone and rung. It was a kik notification. But it was a user name I've never heard of. I've never blocked anyone on any type,of social,media. In fact, I've only got Ask.fm, Facebook and kik:

"Hey, Emerald, right? I heard about what happened to your sister. I feel awful. You don't really know me because I know you're really shy. And I don't want you to have any anxiety attacks. Yeah, I remember those from the third grade. You were always so alone. So sad. But you've changed a bit. You have a boyfriend. But you're still a kind of ... "The smallest one"... I don't notice you much. I've seen the cuts in your arm. And the burns on your thighs when you're changing for p.e. in the locker rooms. Look I'm so sorry about my blabbering but I've got to go. See you tomorrow! :) ~The broken egg :):"

I wonder who she is. For I'd never really spoken to anyone. Its been four years since I've gone back to self harm. And even if I did go back- Why the hell is someone continuously stalking me in the locker rooms? Hmph.
I leave the message as "R" and looked through all of my old messages. Jase, Kait, Valencia, April, Sellcy, Joey. All of these people I haven't spoken to in months. I still can't believe I still have these old messages.
I shoot another text to Jase:

"Going to bed. Gnite."

I Put my phone on the charger and pull the cover over my face.
"Dear Lord, Give me the strength to see another day."

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

"Daddy! Dont go! Please!"
"I Will return Emerald. I promise! I'm going with Sage now! It's safer there!"
I look at him as his body turns into ash and dust. Cupping the dirt into my hand, I pull a small glass bottle out of my back pocket and out the dust into the small opening. I seal it with a kiss. And hold it close to my chest.
"Daddy? Where are you? " I sob.

What have I done?

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

I wake up startled. My window is open. My purple curtains fluttering. The room became stuffy, and hot. My neck prickly and sweaty. My heart is beating so fast I can almost hear it.
I peel off the covers and open my door, revealing a dark, creaky, hallway. Entering the kitchen I go to get a glass of water. It still being, or at least feeling as if, Three hundred degrees.
I turn around to face the hall and see a tall, black, shadowed, figure walking as quietly as possible. I let out a small shriek and hid behind the small island.
Still hearing footsteps, I hear a small whisper from a distance.
"Psst! Andrew get your ass over here!"
The voice was raspy;vague. As if it was trying to actually apear noticeable. But just couldn't. I didn't notice another person until I felt someone breathing down my neck.
I turned around as fast as I could and punched the figure in the face. It crouched down in agony and groaned.
"Owww" Now this voice was out of the ordinary. High pitched from the looks of this guy. The person groaning in pain jumped on me. He was surprisingly light and moved with out haste. It shook me gently.
"Emerald. Elemraald, Emmy. " I quickly flipped over so the figure was underneath me now. Not thinking I pinned down it's neck. I then heard an ear piercing screech. And I finally opened my eyes.

xxxxx

HEY GUYS. I am so so sorry about this super late update. but hey I guess it's long enough.... hopefully. Nvm it's hellah short, Oh whale....... Enjoy?
-rj