Chapter 4

I wake up rubbing my eyes frantically the next dany. I run to Sam's and Sage's bedroom. I hope it was just a never ending dream that she was abducted. But it wasn't.

Her bed was made, and her hair clips and ribbons were on the nightstand. Her various pairs of shoes at the foot of the bed. I see Sam still asleep, snoring softly.

It's Saturday and I'm up at seven thirty. Wow, new record. I walk to my parent's room and slowly open the door. Asleep. I'm the only one awake.

I decide that I want to see Jase later. I call him up.

"Jase? You awake?" I ask.

"I am now. Good morning, beautiful. " I begin to blush.

"Morning. Hey can you meet me at the Starbucks in and hour? I, uh, need talk to you." I nervously say.

"Is everything alright? What do you wanna talk about?"

"I swear we're not breaking up. "

"Okay. An hour. See you then. I love you. "

"I love you, too." I hung up and started walking around the house. Pacing back and forth. I can't help but bite my nails to fight back tears. I needed to get Sage off my mind. But I also needed to get ready for the fifteen minute ride to Starbucks.

I quickly shower and put on some jeans and a long sleeve. I put on a thin line of black eyeliner and a bit of mascara. Waterproof because I already know I'll end up in tears. I need to eat something.

I'll just order something from the coffee shop. Procrastinate. Mum walks in and sees me putting on lip gloss.

"Emerald, where are you going? Its so early? The real question is, why am I awake?"

"I don't know, Ma."

"Okay. Where you going, baby." she askes

"Starbucks with Jase. I'm going to try to tell him what happened. Its going to be hard but I'll try."

"Its okay, Em. Just fight through it. Don't worry. Its going to be alright. " I can see how the tears are forming in her eyes as she walks away quietly sniffling.

I just walk away.

In my bedroom I stare at the clock. Seven fifty. I've got time. Oh well. Usually Jase is early anyways. So I leave. The car ride is long and bumpy. They should really fix the freeway.

I pull into the Starbucks parking lot shivering. Why I didn't bring a sweater, I don't know. I turn the heat up all the way.
Finally, I see Jase park a few spaces away from me. I immediately turn off the car and speedwalk towards him. Burrying my face into his chest while hot, salty, tears pour out of my eyes as if Niagra Falls was planted in my tear ducts.
Jase gently pulls me away from him and wipes my tears away. "What's wrong, baby?" he questions with worry in his grey eyes.
"Sage, she's gone. She's GONE!" I try my best not to cry too hard. But I just can't hold back. Jase is not tearing up.
"What do you mean 'gone' "
"She was kidnapped. The god damned teacher from daycare wasn't paying attention and she was taken. Caught on camera."
"Are you serious? Why would someone leave a bunch of kids there on an open playground by themselves?" he asks
I look coldly into his eyes. I can't respond.
We stand there for about three minutes before we finally nodd and walk into the coffee shop. Jase and I quietly sip our drinks as a little girl walks by wearing a little girl scout uniform. She offers me a box of cookies.
"No thank-you, sweetie. " I smile back.
"Its okay." she passes me a flier. I can't help but start tearing up at that exact second. I bite my lip to keep holding back as many sobs as possible. Sage. "Ma'am I just want you to read this flier and be aware. Have a nice day." Her guardian whispering to her from the side giving her answers.
She walks away. Skipping halfway to the exit. She was so cute. I hope it's not selfish to say I wish she wasn't.
Jase and I finished our coffee in peace. No,words were spoken. Barely any eye contact. It wasn't parse awkward. Just very... Boring I guess.
Until I finally broke the silence.
"Jase we need revenge. I know this sounds so damn crazy coming from me. But trust me. I want my Sage back. And I don't care what it takes."
"Emerald, we can't just do this - It takes planning. And besides we don't know where in hell this guy is."
It was once again silent. We both once again look at each other and nodd. We walk out of the coffee shop and he holds my hand, fingers interlocked. He kisses me as we wave goodbye.
"Emerald?" he says over his shoulder.
"Yeah."
"I'll text you later. I have a plan." My heart stopped at those exact words.
"Okay. Love you." He motions a sign language ' love you ' . Then drives away.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
OH MY GOD WROTERS BLOCK SUCKS ...
and so does high school...Ugh. So,comment on anything,in this story. Errors, Ideas, anything that you think would help. Sorry for the huge delays. I,promise you guys I'm trying my,best to,keep up. I love y'all, thanks for reading my story and continuing to read after my,long, long , LOOONG delays. I rlly do appreciate it.
~RJ

From Light To Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें