ErrorInk (Because the Gods of the Wheel of Names said so.)

Error

Ink

The pirate knew better than to fall in love with a fish. A persquid for that matter. If he ever did, he'd stab his sword right through his heart, and he wouldn't even tremble at that thought in the slightest. But today was different.

He and his crew were lost as sea, and needed a good find. Fish of all types were where they were, but they needed the Captain to help catch one. His amazing string abilities would prove useful in finding food, but he was gravely ill. Only a few more days and he'll be toast.

Meanwhile...In the city of Sitnalta...

"But Nightmare!" I pleaded, practically begging his majesty at this point. The octopus that sat at the throne just sighed.

"I can't let you do that Ink. There have been pirates spotted above and-"

"But NIGHTMARE. One of them is severely wounded, and I sense he has great power over the others. They can't hurt us because it was HIM that captured your brother," I finished, practically yelling at this point. The rest of the court gasped at my outburst; interrupting the King usually resulted with death. But Night was close friends with Ink, and he couldn't just kill his friend like that.

"Fine Ink. But be careful...I can't lose you too..." he said, shuddering. I hugged him and sat on his lap.

"I promise to be careful..." I said, holding him tight so he would know I was still there.

It has been weeks. I don't know how long I've been sick, but I can't remember the last time I stood. I heard shouting on the deck, but it was broad daylight so something was wrong. I got out of bed, barely, and stood up. I walked to the closet and opened the door, saying,

"Crossy...Wake up dear friend...can you see what's going on outside for me?..."

Cross was my closet friend after I captured him. He was also a great help in navigation, even though he got us stuck here and wouldn't give us any directions. He turned his head, and based on the shouting his face lit up.

"INK!" He shouted, running outside.

I heard story about him, how he could turn the calmest waters into raging tsunamis, and thunder storms out of thin air. And how he was actually more powerful than his King, but didn't want to take the throne. All stories from Cross, none the less.

I went outside to see a wonder right before my very eyes...

It was...not what I anticipated. Cross was the exact same way.

"Ink?" He asked cautiously, praying it was his friend.

The adorable skeleton turned to him, and said, "Trust me, I didn't expect this either. I thought that I was going to be wearing my pearls and jewels as well. No matter, I'm here to get you back!"

Cross just shook his head, saying, "right now your on the balcony of a ship, four swords pointed at you, and you don't dare even come close...and you still say you're gonna rescue me! This is most definitely Ink."

I turn to the beautiful god and marvel at it's beauty. I just...couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was a pearl white skeleton with colour-changing eyes and a big smile. He looked so adorable! My soul kept skipping a beat and I was sure I was going to drop dead right then and there.

"So, Cross, let's get a move on!" The young skeleton yelled and motioned towards the ocean.

I tried walking over to Cross, stumbling and almost falling. I clutched my side out of pure agony. I looked at him and he sighed.

"I'm sorry Inky, but I'm not going back until my friend has healed," Cross replied. Sitting on the deck with his arms CROSSed.

Ink looked at him, shocked at first, but then nodded and smiled. He walked over to me, and I stepped back. I didn't want to be in his powerful vicinity...

"Don't worry, it's just going to be the healing process..." Ink said calmly.

I also tried my best to calm down and let him begin his healing process. It was warm and soft, like a cotton coat. But it also felt very firm.

That was the first day I met him.