Chapter Nine - The Plan of Attack

~ "Well?" Waluigi challenged with a string of bravado, "Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to do something?" ~

- Waluigi

.+*   *+.

What should I do?

This was the question that I was asking myself on repeat, hoping that it would help me figure out the next course of action, which it didn't. Obviously. Meanwhile, the Waluigi impersonator across from me had on a shit-eating grin across his face that read 'there's no way you're defeating me'.

There was no way I could counter his attacks. I had seen but a glimpse of his true power and potential. He had years of training behind those purple overalls and blinding smirk. When you're as cunning as Waluigi, the only other training that you can really turn to is training the mind.

I blinked in sudden realization.

Of course, I thought, furrowing my brows in concentration, if I can't defeat him physically, then I would have to use my mind.

Literally.

Because whoever was currently possessing Waluigi didn't have the same intellect as him, they would have to compensate with his peak physical capabilities. My mind drifted to the possibility of a shirtless Waluigi; abs glistening in the sun, veins on his biceps and hands popping, calves the size of melons flexing as he ran-

My face flushed red and I shook my head at the thought to clear my head.

I can't underestimate an enemy like this.

Stepping back and closing my eyes, I relaxed my body.

No horny thoughts... Only focus and control.

"Waluigi" scoffed at my sudden composure. "And what do you think you're going to achieve with... whatever you're doing?"

I ignored his comment, concentrating on my growing inner chakra, warming right at the core of my stomach and spreading throughout my body. I could feel my power burning brighter and stronger with each passing second, through the tips of my fingers to the ends of each stand of hair on my head.

Waluigi's breath caught in his throat as he felt a sudden surge of energy burst through the air. A shiver went through his spine, the pure energy surrounding the two prickling across his skin.

"Well?" Waluigi challenged with a string of bravado, "Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to do something?"

But in reality, he was nervous. No- that was the wrong word.

He was terrified.

A grin spread across my face as I opened my eyes, pupils glowing a deep, dangerous crimson. I watched as a drop of sweat ran down the side of his face, disappearing under the collar of his shirt.

"I'm ready now." I said, laughter in my voice, feeling confident with my newfound power.

The Waluigi mimic just stood there, face previously sly having now melted into frightened determination.

"Are you just going to stand there?" I rose my hands from my sides in mock question, "Or are you going to do something?"

His eyes widened at his own words being so boldly tossed back at him like a bag of chips at the supermarket. He clenched his fists, grounding himself for the next attack.

Where did she acquire such raw and unbridled power?

"That's it." Waluigi growled, widening his fighting stance and tilting down to the ground, touching the floor with his fingertips. With a burst of energy, he sprinted at the cute anime girl. With every step he took, chunks of the floor were torn from the ground, leaving cracked footprints in his wake like it was wet concrete. His after image barely kept up with his speed as he attempted to juke me out, dashing side to side to confuse me as much as possible.

I chuckled, closing my eyes to reveal a hidden weapon of mine.

Sharingan!

With a shout, he swung his foot around in a wide arc, bringing it down at my head.

I grabbed his foot in my hand, tracking his every move with my attuned Sharingan eyes. There was no way he was getting away with this now.

He choked, ripping his appendage free from my grasp, backflipping out of reach before quickly rebounding and leaping at me again. As scared as he was, the adrenaline coursing through his veins pushed him forward, washing away all emotion, leaving behind determination.

With a chuckle, I widened my stance, arms on opposite sides of my body. One was leaning down by my foot, while the other one was straight behind me in the air. I waited until he was within my radius before I released my next attack.

"Eight Trigrams: Palm Rotation!"

I spun viciously like a beyblade, chakra releasing from my body in the shape of a dome as Waluigi slammed into the barrier, blasted away upon impact.

But just as he hit the floor, he was up again, dashing towards me for the next attack.

It seemed that he was tough as he was fast.

We locked in combat, palms, legs, and fists flying as we dodged, countered, and attacked. Our shouting and grunting filled the air as we fought, bodies slick with blood, sweat, and tears from the extreme nature of our battle. Neither of us were ready to give up the fight, so neither of us would.

That was, until I finally found the perfect opening.

Waluigi threw risky punch at my nose and I sidestepped, putting my foot out for him to clumsily trip over as I grabbed his forehead in my hand.

My eyes widened and the glowing red intensified. He gasped, and the world seemed to slow as we made eye contact, his face slipping from grit into horror.

"Checkmate." I chuckled, just loud enough for him to hear.

I transferred my mind into his, and just as my eyes rolled back into my head, I saw his body go limp. I had temporarily gained control of his mind, locking away his own in exchange.

Then, everything went dark.