Chapter Eighteen - The Return of the Star-Crossed Lovers

~ "What the fuck is he doing here?" Charlie asked, but we were just as mystified as he was

~ "What the fuck is he doing here?" Charlie asked, but we were just as mystified as he was. ~

- Charlie

.+* *+.

Waluigi simply stared at his brother, Brendon Urie, for a moment. "Don't you see?" He cried, salty tears rolling down his chiseled face. "Our differences are what brings us together! The light and the darkness. The good and the evil. Positive and negative forces--"

"No," Brendon Urie cut him off sharply, venom dripping from his words, "We will never prosper together."

"What are you talking about, brother?" Waluigi brokenly demanded.

"I mean," Brendon Urie spat, taking a step up the stairs, "My destiny is not to be will you, dearest Waluigi. My destiny is with my master Gerard Way!1!!"

A single tear travelled down the side of his face as horror settled on Waluigi's gorgeous, beautiful, stunning, chiseled, stunning face.

"Say it ain't so."

Brendon Urie shook his head with a chuckle.

"My love is a life taker."

Waluigi watched in horror as Brendon Urie lunged at him, claws sharp and teeth bared in preparation for battle. He was in no shape ready for a battle such as this one, and Brendon Urie was far too powerful to be countered by the simple handgun that Waluigi had equipped. Waluigi closed his eyes, far too weak and tired in this state. He was ready to rest.

I'm sorry, darling Y/N.

BAM!

The two brothers froze in surprise as an earth-shaking rumble filled their ears. The ground rocked beneath them as a sudden light spilled through the windows, impossibly bright. With a bang, half of the three bed, three bath house was suddenly obliterated to dust by white-hot energy bursting through mere feet away from where the duo were standing. Then, as swiftly as it had appeared, the light disappeared.

"Oh, great heavens--!" Brendon Urie cried, stumbling from the wreckage as natural light dominated the sky again, and the street was revealed to them, a large crater stamped into the middle of the suburban road. Waluigi coughed and sputtered at the swirling dust that obscured his vision, hobbling down the stairs and out of the house as fast as his broken form could manage. 

There, standing in their fresh destruction, was the silhouette of a group of warriors, though neither of the brothers could tell who was present.

Brendon Urie gasped at Waluigi's side, clawing at his chest as if the air was knocked out of his lungs.

"What's wrong, brother?" Waluigi exclaimed, racing to Brendon Urie's side, placing a steadying hand on his arm.

"Don't you sense it?" His heathen brother breathed, staring through the dust and rubble with terror-flooded eyes. "Their chi... It-It's," he choked as if his own words were flooding his throat, "Their chi is so... powerful."