Saved

Anan was sitting in her office inside the USJ, her hero costume sitting on a coat hanger in the corner, as it was too big for a locker. She had just finished teaching a group of third years about rescues in multiple different disasters. Now she was stacking some cards out of boredom, classes only visit about once a month each, so once her week of rescue training was over she was just a substitute for the rest of the month. Yes sometimes other heros would stop by to keep their skills sharp, but that was rare.

Suddenly her phone started ringing, startling her and making her knock over the cards she already had up. She quickly picked up the phone, a Hero Dispatch employee was on the other end.

HD: "Hero Dispatch. Thirteen you are needed."

Anan: "Right away. What's the situation?"

HD: "A Tsunami came out of no where, it's thought to have been a quirk. It destroyed many commercial and residential buildings, civilians are trapped under the rubble. Location should be coming through your Hero Network app any second."

Anan noticed a notification pop up on her phone.

Anan: "Yep got it. I'll be right there."

She hung up and rushed over to her astronaut themed hero costume, putting it on quickly. She then rushed out of the USJ towards the site of the disaster.

Three hours later, she had arrived. After being dropped off via helicopter, she got to work. She stretched out her hands, the caps on the ends of her fingers flipping up allowing her quirk to get to work. Black Hole started sucking up the nearby rubble and debris, turning it to dust as it reached her fingers. Every once in a while she would find someone underneath the rubble and helped them up, though she mostly only found corpses.

She worked for hours, the area was almost completely flat from her quirk, all that was left were the remains of five buildings, all apartment complexes. She sighed, knowing just how many dead bodies she was about to find, and started disintegrating the rubble. Just as she finished the second building, a flash of orange came from a pile of rubble next to her, thinking it was a quirk, she turned her efforts towards it. After a few of the bigger pieces were gone, someone started pushing their way out.

Anan watched as a green haired boy, holding what seemed to be his unconscious mother, pushed his way out from the rubble. He started walking towards her, but she noticed his limp and the odd angle of his ankle, it was broken, and by the looks of it, other less obvious bones were likely broken too. He set his mother down and stood up, she watched as whatever adrenaline rush he had started to fade as he stumbled. She rushed over and caught him as he fell.

Anan: "Just hold on, medical teams will be here shortly. What's your name? Who's this woman?"

Izuku: *Weakly* "I'm Izuku Midoriya. She's my mom Inko Midoriya. Thank you Thirteen."

They both smiled, him for being rescued, her for being recognized.

Anan: "It's my job, and I'd do it even if it wasn't so don't thank me. I'm just surprised you recognized me. Now get some rest, you deserve it, I need to get these last few buildings."

Izuku nodded and quickly fell unconscious, most likely from a mix of pain and exhaustion from pushing his way out. Anan laid him down on the ground and turned back to the rest of the rubble. She raised her hands, and started again.

The next day, Izuku was waking up. He opened his eyes to find himself in a hospital room, his right leg elevated in a cast, a couple fingers on his left hand in splints, both arms wrapped up, and a bandage on his head. He tried to sit up but immediately fell back down due to pain. He peaked under the hospital gown to find more bandages on his torso, at least one rib was broken. In response to the sound he made three people walked inside, he only recognized one, his mother, who had a cast on her right arm but was fine otherwise. Another was a doctor, but the last person, he didn't know at all. She was around 5'11" (180 cm), had short hair, and had horizontal rings around her irises, like black holes.

Doctor: "Young man you shouldn't try to move. Three of your ribs were broken and your ankle needs to be still."

Izuku: "O-oh. Okay."

The doctor stayed and spouted more medical mumbo-jumbo that Izuku didn't understand before stating that he'd be in the hospital for a month until his ribs and ankle were healed enough to move. After that was done the unknown woman spoke up.

Anan: "Nice to see you're okay Midoriya. You were the most injured person I found Alive!"

Izuku looked confused for a moment before connecting the dots.

Izuku: "You're Thirteen!"

Anan giggled.

Anan: "Yep, that's me! Still surprised you recognized me at all. Either way I'm just here to check on you, like I said you were the most injured survivor so I wanted to make sure you're okay. Also, just call me Kurose when I'm not working."

Izuku: "O-okay Kurose, and thanks for the concern. I'm actually a big fan. You're my second favorite right behind All Might."

Anan: "Really!? It's rare I get recognized, but a second favorite!? Ha! Eat shit Kayama! I made top 5 favorites first!"

She then got a smack in the head from Inko.

Inko: "Language! We're in a hospital. I'm pretty sure there's a kid visiting a family member in the next room."

Anan: "Oh. Sorry."

Izuku let out a small laugh.

Izuku: "You're funny Kurose. Who's Kayama if you don't mind?"

Anan: "Thank you Midoriya, and Kayama's Midnight. She, I, and Recovery Girl are the only female staff at UA so, yeah."

Inko: "UA? That's where Izuku wants to go. But with these injuries, I guess he won't be able to take the entrance exams."

Anan: "You know, Recovery Girl owes me a favor, I could get her down here tomorrow."

Inko: "We couldn't ask you to do that in good faith. A favor shouldn't be used on people you barely know."

Anan: "Why not? It's not like I have much going on that I'd need her help for anyway."

Izuku: "Thank you Kurose."

Anan: "Now, Midoriya, what's your quirk? Must be pretty nice if you think you can get into UA."

Izuku: "It's called Hunter. It lets me send out that orange pulse thing you saw, when it passes through someone their silhouette shows up in red for me. I can also instinctually know how long ago something like a footprint happened. Though it also lets my anger get to me much easier, I like to call it Beast Mode, I go all animalistic, a red tint goes over my vision, and every living thing glows red."

Anan: "Hm. I'd suggest bringing a weapon of some sort, like a club or sword. Don't tell anyone I told you but the practical portion of the entrance exam this year is taking down robots."

Izuku nodded.

Inko: "You know, before we got married, your father actually got into smithing, if we gave him a call we could probably get you something before the exams."

Izuku: "Really!?"

Inko: "Really Izuku."

Anan: "Sounds great. I'll be your rescue teacher after you get in. I'll be here again tomorrow with Recovery Girl. Now have a good day you two."

She walkedout the door leaving the Midoriyas alone. Inko took out her phone and called her husband Hisashi about Izuku's weapon. The rest of the afternoon was spent deciding what the weapon would be.