Rescue Training

A few weeks after their first practical lesson, 1-A was sitting in their seats, waiting for Aizawa to come in to start the day. Being bored, Izuku scanned the room, finding the man fast asleep under his desk. He leaned over to Tokoyami.

Izuku: "Hey, Tokoyami."

Tokoyami: "Yes Midoriya?"

Izuku: "He's under his desk, can Dark Shadow wake him up?"

In response he released the shadow beast.

Dark Shadow: "Leave it to me!"

Izuku nodded and he stretched all the way over to Aizawa's desk and went under it, only for the class to hear him scream, twice. The first was obviously to wake the sleeping man, but the other was full of fear. Dark Shadow immediately reeled himself back in and returned to Tokoyami. Aizawa stood up and glanced at the class, then at the clock.

Aizawa: "Damn, must've slept through the alarm."

He walked up to the podium to start the day.

Aizawa: "First things first, never wake me up like that again. Next, all your classes for the day have been canceled for today's heroics lesson, rescue training."

Izuku raised his hand.

Aizawa: "Yes Midoriya?"

Izuku: "We're going to the USJ, right?"

Aizawa nodded, secretly amazed he knew about the facility.

Aizawa: "Anything else?"

Izuku: "You won't let Kurose throw me in the flood zone, will you?"

Aizawa chuckled.

Aizawa: "We'll see. For now though you can choose whether or not you want to wear your costumes as you're still not used to them and they can impede your success. Iida, as Class Rep you will be incharge of keeping everyone here in line."

Iida quickly stood and bowed, acknowledging his task.

Iida: "Alright everyone! Let's go!"

Everyone stood from their desks, grabbed their costumes from the wall, and went to get changed.

Half an hour later, their bus arrived at the USJ and the class got off. As Izuku stepped off he noticed Anan peeking through the door with her helmet off, a mischievous smile on her face. He shook his head, pleading with her, but she just laughed and closed the door. Once the whole class was off the bus she walked out, now with her helmet on and Izuku watched as Uraraka fangirled over her favorite hero. Izuku walked up to the front and stuck his hand out, which Anan shook.

Izuku: "Nice to see you again. What should I call you right now?"

Anan: "Thirteen, but if my helmet's off you can call me Kurose as normal. Nice costume by the way, I see Raven's Bite has a new fancy sheath."

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "Came with the costume so unfortunately I can't keep it with me. Anyway I should let you start."

He walked back to his group in the middle and allowed her to start. She motioned for them to follow her inside which they did. Once they were all inside the doors closed and she turned around.

Anan: "As some of you may know, I'm Thirteen, a hero specializing in rescue operations. This is the USJ, or the Unforseen Simulation Joint. I created this facility to educate hero students on how to properly rescue civilians in numerous areas."

As she was talking, Uraraka walked up to Izuku and tapped his shoulder.

Uraraka: "You didn't tell me you were friends with Thirteen!"

Izuku: "You never asked."

Anan: "And finally! We will start with rescues in water, and one of you will be put in as a fake civilian!"

Izuku whipped his head around to face her, noticing she was looking at him.

Izuku: "No!"

He turned and started running, but then he felt a pull. He turned to see one of her caps were open and she was pulling him in.

Izuku: "That's cheating!"

Anan: "Eh, heros can't always fight fair Midoriya."

With that she opened another cap which pulled him off the ground. She raised her hand straight up, pulling him up too, turned around, threw her and forward and closed her caps, sending Izuku flying into the flood zone. He resurfaced and sent her an annoyed glare. She chuckled and led the class down to the edge of the water.

Anan: "We will practice swimming a civilian back to shore to save them from drowning. Now line up, I'll tell you when to go."

For the next few hours, the class would swim out, grab whoever was out there, as the fake civilian was swapped out each time the line was emptied. Anan would correct the way they carried their classmates each time they came back. When they were done and about to leave, Izuku walked up to Anan.

Izuku: "Kurose."

Anan: "Midoriya."

He grabbed her arm, spun around, and chucked her into the flood zone. Her costume had floatation devices so she just floated back up.

Izuku: "Oh come on!"

Anan: "Midoriya, this costume is to big to swim in, you should've known this would've happened."

Izuku: "Doesn't matter, I know where the USJ is, keep your eyes peeled Kurose, your days of being dry are numbered."

Izuku then took off his respirator and helmet, revealing his wet hair. It was drooping over his eyes so he combed it back with his hand.

Anan: "Oh I look forward to when you can get me in here."

She kicked herself back over to the edge and Izuku helped her up. She took off her helmet and they walked over to the class.

Iida: "Oh, you're the woman from the hallway a couple weeks ago."

Anan: "Yes I am Iida. Now you all should go, the school will throughly wash and dry your costumes after this. Good luck and see you all next month!"

She waved as they walked away and borded the bus. Izuku glanced back and they locked eyes and smiled. The bus then pulled out and Class 1-A's first rescue training ended.