Return

It had been three days since the attack on I-Island. Three days since the heroes won. Three days since Anan was taken. Izuku along with the rest of the students were being held in a hospital near UA. Due to the attack, the summer training camp was being delayed for an extra week. While the police and staff were able to talk to and get statements from the members of 1-A that were on the island, neither Bakugo or Izuku spoke a word. It was well known from security feeds that they had been there when Anan was taken, but no one knew just how badly they had failed in their minds.

Most of the time Izuku would lay awake, watching TV or be up shadow boxing. Bakugo wasn't as active, mostly staying in his bed and occasionally letting off sparks. One activity they both shared however, was staring at the cards Kuben Blisk had thrown down at them while the Apex Predators made their escape. No one knew why he had done it, nor what he said when he did. There was writing on them, but both boys didn't let anyone even see the cards for more than a moment before hiding them. Due to their similar states, they were put in a room together. On the morning of their final day in the hospital, a knock was heard on the door and seven people walked inside, Nezu, Aizawa, Snipe, Inko, and Hisashi. Bakugo's parents had visited multiple times during their stay and would be back later to pick him up.

Nezu: "Ah, here you two are! How are you doing?"

Silence.

Aizawa: "I told you, they've gone silent."

The three others glanced at each other, knowing much better why Anan's disappearance was so important.

Nezu: "Yes, I wanted to make sure myself."

The group walked over to their beds, why were next to each other. The two boys exchanged glances, clearly wondering why Nezu had only visited now. They knew he'd been in the hospital constantly ever since the attack, so why wait? Snipe stepped forward.

Snipe: "Alright you two. We just wanna ask some questions. We know you already denied talking to the police, but we need you to talk. Believe me, I know what it's like to watch a comrade and even close friends get taken from you, we all do. Talking will help us find them and get her back.

Both: "No, it won't..."

The group, minus Nezu, looked surprised. The first time either had spoken since the attack, and was to a teacher instead of their parents or even the police.

Nezu: "If I may ask, why?"

Bakugo: "They know what they're doing."

Izuku: "He played us and Wolfram's gang. They won't be found unless they want to be."

Hisashi: "But there has to be a way."

The boys exchanged glances again but didn't say a word. Aizawa cleared his throat.

Aizawa: "Either way, we salvaged what we could of your belongings. Most of your clothes, along with your costumes are perfectly intact. They all are at your respective homes."

He then walked between their beds and placed his hands on their shoulders.

Aizawa: "Don't be ashamed. You two are strong, you just met an enemy stronger than you. Understood?"

The two nodded and he stepped back.

Aizawa: "Alright. Us staff need to get going. A doctor will be by soon to officially give you two the all clear. Your parents will be waiting in the lobby for you."

With that said, the group left the room, but not before Inko and Hisashi gave Izuku a hug. As the door closed, they pulled out their cards.

Izuku: "Tokyo, huh?"

Bakugo: "Yeah. Of course they'd be able to use the Hammond building. It was that damn scientist's company after all.... Say, do you think Mr. Aizawa meant our costumes were also dropped off?"

Izuku shrugged.

Izuku: "If they were left to a company, then probably. But the way he worked it..."

Bakugo: "Yeah. I don't know how, but they know."

They then looked at each other, then eyed the sets of clothes they were left.

Izuku: "Are we doing this?"

Bakugo: "Not like we can give these to someone else."

They looked at each other again, and nodded before getting up.

---

Down in the lobby, Nezu and Aizawa stood by the front desk.

Aizawa: "Sir, do you really think it was wise to leave then alone after what I said?"

Nezu: "Yes. I don't like having to make that decision, but I believe it's the safest one."

Aizawa grunted. He had to agree. Izuku and Bakugo were the only two given cards through out the entire attack, which meant they were special in some way. What he didn't like was what it meant.

Nezu: "Plus, Midoriya has much more than just his confidence and pride on the line."

The confused Aizawa, but before he could ask, a doctor rushed into the waiting room.

Doctor: *Yelling* "Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya are gone!"

Izuku's parents leapt out of their seats.

Inko: *Yelling* "What!?"

Hisashi: *Yelling* "How!?"

They ran off to the room with Snioe following close behind. Nezu and Aizawa didn't move though.

Nezu: "You did attach them, right?"

Aizawa nodded.

Aizawa: "We'll find them."

---

5 hours later....

It was dark out, the lights if the city being the only illumination available. A helicopter landed on top of a building and someone in white body armor stepped off. As they did, two figures walked onto the helipad.

Blisk: "I see you accepted my little invitation."

Izuku: "You know why."

Blisk smirked and nodded.

Blisk: "Well then, best not keep your lady waiting, should we?"

Bakugo: "Now hold on! Before we leave, what exactly are you having us do? We ain't about to kill for you!"

Blisk chuckled.

Blisk: "Don't you worry, it's just a game. A game, to find the Apex."

Izuku and Bakugo looked at each other, and nodded, before getting on the helicopter. As they took off, Blisk spoke into his radio.

Blisk: "Add Bloodhound and Dynamight to the roster. And make sure the Silva brat stays in his quarters."