Hero Names & Internships

Inko: "So how long has this been going on?"

The two separated from their hug, faces red, and slowly looked at the older Midoriya.

Izuku: "H-has what b-been going on?"

His mother rolled her eyes.

Inko: "That's not going to work Izuku. I saw you two kiss."

The two deflated as they now knew they were caught. Before Izuku could say anything more, Anan spoke up.

Anan: "Inko, I'm sorry that I started this without your approval. If you don't want it, I'll respect your wishes."

Izuku gripped her hand tighter.

Izuku: "But Anan-"

Inko: "No Izuku, she's right to apologize. Even if it's unnecessary."

Anan: "Huh?"

Inko smiled and placed a hand on Anan's unoccupied hand.

Inko: "I knew this was going to happen. You two aren't the best at hiding things."

Izuku smiled and hugged Anan, giving her a kiss on the cheek as well.

---

All that was a few days ago, now Izuku was sitting in class, waiting for Mr. Aizawa to enter. The door was opened and in walked Aizawa, now with a bandage over his eye from a fight during the attack. He walk over to the podium and spoke up.

Aizawa: "As you all know, we were attacked during our Sports Festival. However, that will not slow us down. The Sports Festival is a way for hero course students like yourselves to get scouted by pros for internships. Many heros there watched as you all fought alongside them and have scouted many of you."

Aizawa seemed to take in a breath, hinting towards internal damage.

Aizawa: "Before you can go on internships however, you must have hero name of your own. As you could guess based on mine, I'm not good at this part, which is why someone else will be helping you. Now remember, these can stick if you get too popular, so pick good onse or else-"

The door slammed open.

Midnight: "You'll have hell to pay later!"

Aizawa silently slipped into his sleeping bag as she entered and walked over to where he stood previously.

Midnight: "Not only should they be good, they should reflect you or the hero persona you'll adopt. Aizawa mentioned his, Eraserhead. It reflects how he isn't one for flashiness and doesn't care what others think, just as long as he gets the job done. Now come on up and get a white board! You're presenting these!"

The class stood up and grabbed their boards, quickly sitting down to think.

---

Izuku was the last to go, everyone had already gone, some twice. He racked his brain for a name, and just as he was about to give up, he got an idea. He quickly wrote it down and stood up.

Midnight: "Got it Midoriya?"

Izuku nodded as he approached the front of the room. Once at the podium he placed his white board down, facing the class.

Izuku: "I'm the Ultimate Hunting Hero: Bloodhound."

Midnight: "Oooo! I like it! That gets a pass from me!"

Izuku smiled and went back to his seat. Then Aizawa stood back up and went to his place at the front of the class.

Aizawa: "Now we can move on."

He clicked a remote and a projection of their scouts appeared. Izuku then noticed that he didn't have any.

Aizawa: "As you can see some of you have more than others. Some of you have non as well. Those of you who didn't get scouted will be given lists of thirty agencies who are offering to take students. Except for you Midoriya."

Izuku's eyes went wide.

Izuku: "Huh!? Why!?"

Aizawa: "Because you're going to be training with Snipe for that week. In fact, he wanted to see you while the others are choosing. So go."

Izuku stood up from his seat and went towards Snipe's office. Once he reached it he knocked.

Snipe: "Come in!"

Izuku opened the door, stepped inside, and closed the door.

Izuku: "You wanted to see me?"

Snipe: "Ah, Midoriya, right!"

He stood up and walked over to the door Izuku just closed.

Snipe: "Since you already know I'll be training you, I'll show you what I'll be teaching you. Follow me."

They then left the office and started walking to a part of the school Izuku hadn't been to yet, the private training wing. There were many training rooms of various sizes with a wide range of equipment in each from regular punching bags to 1 pointer robots. It wasn't those rooms they were headed to however. Soon Snipe swiped a card through a reader and opened the door, leading Izuku into the firing range.

Snipe: "As UA's sole firearms expert, I'm the only one with access to this room."

Izuku: "But why are you teaching me guns?"

Snipe: "Because of your quirk. It's great for recon but almost nothing else. The Beast Mode of yours is a great close quarters boost, but that requires anger. Learning to shoot and incorporate guns into your gear will allow you to stay out of danger, or become the danger yourself. I will warn you however, until you graduate, even while doing work with a license, you cannot use lethal rounds."

Izuku: "So rubber bullets?"

Snipe: "Precisely."

He looked over a nearby gun rack before grabbing a revolver looking handgun and showing it to Izuku.

Snipe: "This here is the Wingman, it's powerful but extremely limited in ammunition. Not only does it only have six shots, you need to replace the cylinder to reload. It's power is what counterbalances it's flaws."

He put it back and pulled out another hand gun. This one looked like a modern handgun, though it's magazine looked unusually long and it had more advanced sights.

Snipe: "This is the RE-45. It's basically the opposite of the Wingman. It has a large ammo supply and high rate of fire, but it's power is lacking. It's good for small bursts of damage but not for confirming a kill. Perfect for a hero."

The bell then rang.

Snipe: "Oh and we're out of time. Go eat, I'll see you here again when internships start."

Izuku: "Thank you."

He then left to go eat lunch and go through the rest of his day.