prologue

It was just another normal day at school for Minji. Five boring classes and finally, time to go home.

Currently, Minji is in 4th Period, staring out the window, not hearing anything the teacher was saying. Which was a disadvantage as the teacher soon asked Minji a question.

"Minji, what's the answer to this question?"

Minji quickly turned her head and faced the teacher, an awkward smile growing on her face as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Is it 48, Miss?" Minji asked, the smile not leaving her face until she heard a few students giggle.

"Quiet! And, you're wrong, Minji."

The teacher continued teaching the class and Minji hid her face in her palms because of the embarrassment.

It was finally time to go home and Minji let out a big sigh as she stood up from the seat, swinging her bag around her right shoulder and holding onto the strap as she left the classroom.

As she exited the school building, Minji noticed she missed her bus.

"Shit..." the girl mumbled to herself, deciding to simply walk to her house instead.

Minji was only a few metres away from her house as she noticed a small, ginger Ragdoll cat following her.

"Hello there, kitty." Minji squatted down to pet the cat, who slowly backed away.

"Aww... Don't be scared." Minji gave the cat a warm smile as she slowly reached her arm out for the cat to sniff her hand.

Eventually, the cat approached the girl and cutely sniffed Minji's hand before sitting down in front of her.

"You're so cute!" Minji's smile grew bigger.

Soon, a vibration from Minji's phone interrupted their little interaction.

Minji took the phone out of her pocket and read the message her mother sent.

'Where are you, Minji?'

And then, her phone vibrated again, but didn't stop. Minji sighed seeing 'Mother' pop up on her screen with two buttons at the bottom.

"Sorry. I have to go." Minji gave the cat a small smile before standing up and turning no around, not forgetting to text her mother back, telling the woman that she's almost home.