five

A few weeks have passed and Minji and Haerin have gotten really close, they even considered each other best friends.

"Haerin! Want to play a game with me?" Minji suddenly asked, startling the shorter girl, who was currently sitting in Minji's chair while laying her head on the desk, thinking about whatever.

"I guess? What game?" Haerin picks her head up and turns to look at Minji, who was sitting on her bed while looking up at the large TV screen.

"Mario Kart." Minji said as she looked through her box full of Nintendo Switch games before taking out a keep case with an image of Mario in his cart in front of a really colorful background containing other characters. She opened the case and took out the small cartridge and shoving it into a hole, the shape similar to the cartridge.

"Here you go. Try not to lose." Minji winked with a big grin as she gave Haerin one of the controllers.

Haerin simply rolled her eyes and also grinned, remembering the amount of times she played Mario Kart games before and how good at them she actually was.

The game started and Minji stuck her tongue out, concentrating. Haerin looked over and smiled at the sight before turning her head back to the TV, this time grinning when she managed to pass Minji.

Minji only hid her tongue back inside her mouth and leaned closer to the screen, definitely not ready to lose against Haerin.

The game ended and Haerin cheered.

"I won!" She grinned at Minji, who rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"I didn't know you were this good..." Minji looked away and Haerin giggled. "It's okay! I was just lucky. You're also really good at the game, Minji." Haerin smiled at Minji and the taller girl slightly smiled back, trying to ignore the fast beating of her heart.

They both continued to play more games and cheer or sulk, depending on wether one of them won or lost.

And it was finally time for Haerin to form back into a cat, slightly upsetting Minji. It was obvious she preferred when Haerin was a human, but she's not really complaining. Haerin is very cute when she's a cat. But at the same time, Haerin is very cute as a human too... Minji shook her head and fell onto her bed, her legs and arms stretched out.

"Minji!" Minji immediately shot up once she heard her mother's voice from behind her door. Shit... Minji thought as she quickly grabbed Haerin and placed her under the covers, leaving a little hole for the cat to breathe.

"Yes?" Minji asked once she finally opened the door.

"I was calling you for almost a hundred times! It's time for dinner." Her mother rolled her eyes and walked away while Minji sighed.

She walked back to her bed, "I'll be back." She slowly pulled the covers up and smiled when she saw the cat curled into a tiny ball, sleeping peacefully. She quickly gave the cat a small peck before leaving the covers over half of Haerin's tiny cat body and leaving the room.

Minji slowly opened her eyes and yawned, soon realizing that two arms were wrapped around her waist. She looked back and saw Haerin in her human form, holding Minji close to herself.

"Haerin." Minji awkwardly grabs Haerin's arms and tries to unwrap them from her waist but they hold on tighter, making Minji's cheeks go slightly red.

She tried to do it again but soon heard a groan and was pulled closer to the girl behind her. Minji only giggled and nudged Haerin with her shoulder.

Finally, after a few seconds of Minji nudging Haerin and trying to get out of her arms, Haerin woke up with a frown on her face.

"Haerin, I need to go to school." Minji said as she slowly sat up, looking down at the ginger girl who simply kept her eyes shut, obviously not ready to wake up.