three

Minji slowly opened her eyes as she heard her alarm go off, always disturbing her sleep.

She slowly sits up with a long groan and soon noticed the small cat laying down on her legs. She smiled before running her fingers through the cat's long, ginger fur.

A purr was heard from the animal and Minji's smile soon turned into a grin.

Before Minji could stop the alarm, the annoying sound it created soon stopped, letting the girl stay with the cat -well, with Haerin.

Minji totally forgot about what happened yesterday.

She slowly laid back down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling.

A small meow interrupted Minji's thoughts.

"Good morning, Haerin." Minji called the cat by her name so Haerin would feel a lot more comfortable.

"I have to go get ready for school." Minji watched the cat slowly step off her legs, allowing the girl to get off the bed.

As Minji stepped off the bed, she heard a sigh from behind. She slowly turned around and saw the girl form of Haerin again. This time, she had clothes on. Phew.

"It would be fun if you could go to school with me, Haerin." Minji randomly said as both girls sat on Minji's bed, both already dressed up and cleaned.

Haerin only hummed and nodded, agreeing with the taller girl.

"You could... But, because you can't control when you shape-shift, it will be hard." Minji looked at the ginger girl, who was already looking at Minji.

"Anyway, I have to go. If you hear someone going up the stairs, hide in the closet. But, if you're in your cat form, you can hide under the bed. I'll try to come back as quick as I can, okay?" Minji watched Haerin nod before standing up and getting a thought.

"If you're still a human, call me on this phone. The passcode is 000000. Then when you're done with the passcode, click on this and look for 'Minji Phone'. Click on it and press the telephone button, okay?" Minji gives Haerin the smaller phone before telling her to do what she just told her to.

"Click that."

"This?"

"Yep. Now the telephone."

Minji's phone started ringing and she quickly declined the call before smiling at Haerin.

"Don't make too much noise, okay? See you later." Minji patted Haerin's head and left the room, closing the door behind her.

"Minji!" A familiar voice called for Minji. It was Hanni. The girl who sat down with Minji yesterday.

"Want to eat lunch with me and my friends?" Hanni asks the silent girl.

Minji hesitates. She hasn't eaten with others in the cafeteria for ages. It took a while but Minji eventually nodded with a small smile. Hanni immediately grabbed Minji's wrist and dragged her to the cafeteria before looking around and taking her to a table with two different girls.

"This is Minji! The girl I told you about yesterday." Hanni introduced Minji to her friends and sat down, pulling Minji to sit down beside her.

"Minji! It's nice to meet you, I'm Danielle and this is Hyein!" Danielle smiled widely at Minji, causing a small smile to grow on her own face.

"Hanni talked about you almost the whole-" Hyein stopped speaking once she noticed the glare she was receiving from Hanni.

"She's just lying! She's so cheeky." Hanni told Minji with a big smile and went back to glaring at Hyein, who wore an awkward smile.

"Would you like some of my food, Minji? I'm already full." Danielle asks with a polite smile.

Minji simply shakes her head, "No, it's fine. I have my own snacks." She takes out a tiny plastic bag which had at least four snacks inside.

"Do you want some?" She awkwardly asks the girls and they simply shake their heads, except Hanni. "Sure!" She smiled widely at Minji, trying her hardest to make her feel comfortable around them.

"Here. Eat as much as you want." Minji places the small bag on the table and watches Hanni take out a chocolate bar before taking out a bag of chips.

The girls continued talking about random things and Minji started feeling more welcome and comfortable with them. She was glad she met Hanni.

The last class just ended and Minji quickly ran out of the school, hoping she didn't miss the bus this time. Luckily, the bus was there this time so she quickly ran inside, showed the driver her bus pass and sat down on an empty seat beside the window.

She took out her phone and texted her spare phone, hoping Haerin would respond.

After like three minutes, Minji still didn't receive a response. Haerin was probably back in her cat form.

"Hey! I'm home!" Minji yelled out and heard her mother's voice yell back immediately.

"All right! I'll start making dinner!" Minji responded with a loud 'okay' and ran upstairs after she kicked her shoes off.

"I'm back!" Minji said as soon as she opened the door. She heard a quiet meow below her and smiled once she saw the cat again.

Minji squatted down and soon remembered something. "Shit! I forgot to feed you!" She patted the cat gently. "I'll save some of my dinner for you, okay?" Minji stood up and threw her bag on the floor beside her bed before taking out comfortable clothes from the closet and going to the bathroom to change.

"Thanks for the food, mom!" Minji smiled at her mother as she chewed the cooked beef.

"You're welcome Minji! Would you mind cleaning the dishes?" Her mother asked and Minji shook her head, "Yep! I can clean the dishes." Minji took her plate and placed it by the sink before walking back and taking the rest of the dishes to the kitchen.

"I'll quickly go to the shop, okay? We're missing bread!" Minji heard her mother say and yelled 'okay' before grinning. This was going to be much easier than she thought.

She left the dirty dishes in the sink and took her own plate -which still had a big piece of beef on it- upstairs.

"Here you go-" Haerin was currently in her human form, sitting on Minji's desk chair. "I'll go get a fork and a knife." Minji placed the plate in front of Haerin on the desk and quickly ran downstairs to get the fork and knife, running back up and reaching her arms out for Haerin to take the utensils.

"Thanks." Haerin simply said and took the fork in her left hand and the knife in her right. "No problem. Enjoy the food, Haerin." Minji smiled as she watched Haerin cut a small piece of beef and slowly put it into her mouth.

"This is nice!" Haerin looked up at Minji with a smile. "Of course it is." Minji grinned and continued watching the girl eat. "Right. I have to go clean the dishes. Call me once you're done." Minji pointed at the spare phone before leaving the room to finish her task.