six

"Everything is okay..." Minji held Hanni's wrists and tried to keep her still.

"HOW..." Hanni was speechless and Minji awkwardly smiled with a small chuckle while Haerin looked worried.

"Explain! Right now!" Hanni yanked her arms away from Minji and crossed her arms.

"Uh... Haerin isn't really a cat..." Minji said and Haerin nodded awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" Hanni asked and Minji sighed.

"Look... I'll explain later. Let's just go downstairs and eat so my mom won't be suspicious of us. Don't tell my mom anything. Don't even mention the cat." Minji said and Hanni nodded with an eye roll.

"We'll be back. Don't make too much noise." Minji smiled at Haerin before exiting the room after Hanni.

"There you are! What were you doing up there?" Mrs. Kim asked and Minji awkwardly smiled, as well as Hanni.

"I was showing Hanni my photo album." Minji quickly answered and sat on a chair, Hanni sat on the chair next to Minji.

"Wow... You said you were embarrassed of those photos?" Minji's mother raised an eyebrow and Minji swallowed before answering.

"She found it and took it out. I just gave up on trying to stop her." Minji looked at Hanni, who nodded slowly with a small smile.

"All right. Here's the food. Enjoy." Mrs. Kim smiled warmly and sat down on the seat which was opposite Minji before eating from her own plate.

"Explain." Hanni said once Minji closed the door.

"Haerin isn't a cat. She was an experiment for these scientists to test. They want to create a way to turn humans into cats— or maybe other animals. But, she escaped before they finished so, she's half cat half human I guess. And she only shape-shifts randomly." Minji immediately explained and Hanni's jaw was on the floor.

"Oh..." She looked at Haerin who smiled at her.

"Yep. I found her as a cat all alone near my house." Minji said and Hanni nodded, slowly approaching Haerin.

"Your eyes look so much like a cat's." Hanni says, amazed by the taller girl's beauty.

"What about taking her to school?" Hanni suddenly turned around to face Minji.

"I wish I could, Hanni. But she shape-shifts randomly, so I can't." Minji said and Hanni nodded before turning back around to Haerin.

"Let's be good friends, Haerin. I really like you." Hanni smiled and Haerin smiled back, still slightly awkward but comfortable enough.

The three girls flinched once Hanni's phone rang.

"Sorry!" She quickly entered the bathroom and answered the call.

"I like her." Haerin said and Minji chuckled, nodding.

"Hey! I have to go now. My mom needs me. See you at school, Minji. Bye, Haerin!" She quickly exits the room and Minji follows after her.

"See you at school." Minji smiled at Hanni as the girl started walking away, not forgetting to look back and wave at the taller girl.

Once Hanni was completely out of sight, Minji closed the door and turned around, screaming once she saw her mother's face close to her own.

"Don't scream!" Her mother scolded and Minji sighed before rolling her eyes, "You didn't have to scare me." Minji answered and her mother giggled.

"Whatever. I'll just go clean the kitchen." Mrs. Kim said and walked away, Minji followed her to the kitchen.

She took some snacks and walked past her mother, rushing up the stairs and entering her room, kicking the door closed.

"I have some snacks." She smiled at Haerin and placed the snacks on her desk, watching Haerin taking a chocolate bar and unwrapping it before taking a bite.

"Wow..." She mumbled and took another bite, not stopping after the third one.

"Calm down, Haerin. You can have as much as you want." Minji smiled and fell back onto her bed, her legs and arms stretched out.

After a few seconds, she felt the bed beside her slowly sink down, facing the younger girl and smiling at her, giggling a bit once she saw chocolate on the girl's face.

"You've got chocolate on your face, Haerin." She sat up before stepping off the bed and taking out a wet wipe, walking back to Haerin and climbing onto the bed, crossing her legs and leaning forward to clean the girl's face.

Haerin's heart felt like it was going to explode any time soon. Her cheeks started burning and she swallowed before quickly sitting up and looking down.

"Are you okay?" Minji asked as she walked back to the bed after throwing away the wipe.

Haerin only nodded, secretly smiling at the older girl's actions.

"Let's watch a new series? Hanni recommended me some." Minji suddenly jumps onto the bed and grabs the remote, clicking the buttons.

Haerin awkwardly turns towards the TV and lays down beside Minji, not really focusing on the screen.

"Minji!" Hyein called out and Minji quickly rushed over to her.

"Hey. Have you heard that we were invited to Shin Ryujin's party?" Hyein said and Minji nodded before remembering that she forgot to ask her mother if she could go.

"Are you coming?" Hyein asked and Minji shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know... I would have to ask my mom. I don't really want to go anyway, Hanni just forced me." Hyein only nodded and waved at someone behind Minji.

Minji turned around and saw Danielle jogging towards them.

"Hey! How are you two?" She asked with a big smile and Minji smiled back before turning to look at Hyein.

"We were just talking about Ryujin's party. Are you going?" Hyein asked and Danielle, almost immediately, nodded.

"Great!" Hyein cheered and Danielle giggled while Minji smiled at the two girls, glad that she met them.

"Boo!" Minji shrieked once Hanni jumped onto her back.

"Hanni!" Minji yelled at the girl, who just jumped off Minji's back and appeared beside her with a cheeky smile.

"Hey!" She greeted the two other girls.

"Hanni! Are you going to Ryujin's party?" Danielle asks and Hanni nods, "Of course! What about you, Minji? Did you ask your mom yet?" Hanni looked at Minji, who simply shook her head with an awkward smile.

"Then ask her!" Hanni shouted at the taller girl and Minji nodded, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"Hey, Hanni!" Sunghoon, a boy who was quite popular, approached the group of girls, smiling at Hanni.

"Sunghoon?" Hanni raised an eyebrow and smiled slightly.

"I just wanted to ask you if you'd like to hang out today. Me and my friends are going to a restaurant and they all have dates, but I don't." He said and Hyein and Danielle looked at Hanni, there eyes open wide.

Minji only listened and didn't know why she felt a bit jealous.

"Sure..." Hanni awkwardly said and Sunghoon smiled widely. "Great. Meet me out here after school." He bowed and left.

"Hanni!" Danielle grabbed Hanni's right arm and shook it.

"Sunghoon just basically asked you out!" Hyein squealed and Hanni giggled at her friends behaviour.

Minji simply watched as Danielle and Hyein freaked out and Hanni only laughed at them, trying to ignore this strange, sudden jealousy.