one

"Minji! Please listen during class!" A teacher yelled at Minji, obviously annoyed with the younger girl.

"Sorry..." Minji apologised quietly, trying to make this less embarrassing than it already is.

"An apology isn't enough, Minji." The teacher simply said before turning around and writing Math questions on the white board for the students to solve.

It was lunch time now and Minji sat alone under a tall tree, which leaves barely covered her from the sun, listening to random music while eating snacks she packed into her bag this morning.

"Hey. You're Minji, right?" A shadow covered Minji from the bright sun which was previously annoying her.

As Minji looked up, she took out her AirPods and slowly nodded her head, answering the girl's question.

"Well, nice to meet you! I'm Hanni!" Hanni's smile was almost brighter then the sun.

"Nice to meet you, Hanni." Minji awkwardly smiled back and watched the shorter girl sit down on the spot beside her, also leaning her back against the tree.

The sun that Hanni was previously covering came back, shining brightly at the two teenagers.

"What are you listening to?" Hanni asked, slowly turning her head to look at Minji.

"Nothing. Just a random playlist." Minji looked away, staring down at her black bag.

"Can I listen with you?" Hanni asked and Minji hesitated before giving the girl the right AirPod, shoving the left one into her left ear.

Both girls were silent as they listened to the music. All they could hear were occasional tweets of the birds above them or shouts and laughs from the students on the playground in front of them.

Minji was about the lean back into the tree and close her eyes but was interrupted by the shorter girl.

"Minji, we have to go or we'll be late to class." Hanni took out the right AirPod and passed it to Minji before standing up and fixing her tie.

Minji slowly stood up after her and swung her bag around her right shoulder. "What class do you have now?" Hanni asked, turning around to look at the taller girl.

"Chemistry." Minji simply answered and Hanni nodded before speaking again, "I can walk you there." Hanni smiled and Minji couldn't refuse.

Once again, Minji missed the bus which meant she had to walk home. But before she started walking, she texted her mother telling her that she'll walk so she wouldn't have to worry again.

The journey to her house was peaceful and quiet. No distractions only whistles from the birds which were either flying in the sky or sitting on roofs.

As Minji continued walking, she heard a small meow behind her. She turned around and smiled once she saw the same ginger car from yesterday.

"Hello again!" Minji's smile was growing larger, causing her eyes to curl cutely.

Another meow and Minji squatted down to the cat again, reaching her arm out to stroke it.

This time, the cat sat down and let the girl touch it's orange, fluffy fur, enjoying the feeling on the girl scratching gently behind it's ears.

"You're too cute! I wish I could take you home. My mom is allergic to fur, so I can't take you." Minji pouted at the cat, but the cat's cuteness immediately turned Minji's pour into a big grin.

"Unless... I could secretly take you? You can hide in my room. My mom refuses to go there anyway because of the mess." Minji giggled to herself before gently wrapping her hands around the cat's small torso before slowly standing up, still holding the cat in her hands.

"Would you mind staying in my bag for a moment? It'll be quick, I promise." Minji spoke to the cat like it was a human who could speak back. But she didn't expect an answer back, she just liked the cat.

Once Minji was sure the cat was comfortable in her backpack, she zipped it up and left a hole for the cat to be able to breathe while inside the bag.

"I'm back!" Minji yelled out and heard her mother yell back from the kitchen. "Okay! Go get ready for dinner!" Minji only nodded before rushing up the stairs and finally letting the cat out into her messy bed.

"Here you go, kitty. Welcome to my room." Minji smiled as she scratched the areas behind the cat's small but pointy ears.

After Minji dressed into more comfortable clothes and placed her unneeded books in her desk, she patted the cat gently and opened the door to leave.

"I'll see you after dinner. You can just rest if you want." Minji walked out of the room with a smile and closed the door behind her, heading downstairs to her dining room.

The food was delicious, as always.

"Thanks mom!" Minji grinned at her mother and watched her nod and let out a small giggle. "You're welcome, Minji." Her mother smiled warmly at the girl and stood up, taking their plates to the kitchen to clean up.

Minji quickly ran upstairs and opened her door.

Minji definitely didn't expect to see a human girl sitting on her bed.