#5

Law woke first. The immediate feeling that came with it was similar to that if a hangover. A really bad one. Groaning, he went to sit up, only to find he wasn't alone.

The smaller boy he had come to love so dearly was lying on top of him, fast asleep. All law could make out was the mop of dark hair on his chest.

This discovery was enough to put him in a state of shock, although it was the first of many. As law stared at luffy, completely stunned, he became aware that he was in an actual room. On a bed.

He didn't remember too much from the events that took place on the island, but he knew enough to know this was not normal. He briefly considered the possibility that luffy had bought him here, but something told him otherwise.

Now that his mind was distracted from the sleeping boy, law was able to think about it more. He noticed the gentle swaying motion of the room and he immediatly jumped to the conclusion that they were on board a ship.

It was only then that he became aware of the horrible feeling of being watched. Turning his head slowly, he found the source of the staring.

Boa hancock sat beside the bed, glaring daggers at law.

"So, your finally up." She hissed at him, venom coating her every word. Law didn't know what could make her this mad at him. Every other time he had met her at the warlord meetings she had been relatively chill, despite her hatred for all men.

"Where am I?" Law asked her, ignoring her comment. She turned away with a barely audible 'tch.'

"I was kind enough to bring you aboard my ship. Now could you please get your filthy hands off of my beloved husband?" She whined.

This caught law off guard. She must mean luffy, but he had never mentioned anything about marriage to him. Deciding to obliging seing as this was, apparently, her ship, he gently begun o prise luffys hands off of him and roll him off. He didn't budge.

Not wanting to wake him, law simply turned to hancock and shrugged his shoulders. Feeling the urge to stretch his legs, he heaved himself into the siting position with luffy falling onto his lap.

He tried his best to ignore the position he found himself in so as not to get flustered infront of the snake empress. She seemed to be in a pretty bad mood. Infact, laws actions only seemed to piss her off more.

"Why exactly are we on your ship? I thought you hated all men." Hr mused, hoping to at leqst get sone answers. Hancock simply nodded.

"I do. All of them exept my beloved luffy!" She announced, her face going red at whatever fantasies she was having.

"He was hurt so we had to help him. We found the two of you on the cursed island. You were sick. We tried to leave you behind but the stupid curse wouldnt let us." She said.

Law froze.

"Theres no way... that island we stopped on... could it really have been..." he wqs stunned to say the least. Hancock nodded once again.

"I had my nurse treat you since i knew what the curse would do if you died."

Law didnt hear a singlw word that came out of her mouth. Not one. His dialated gaze was fixed on luffy, althouh he wasnt seing anything.

'Why....' he thought. 'Why of all people did it have to be him. Being with him is dangerous enough with the proximity were at but why.... dammit....'

I suppose this may need some explaining.

Somewhere in the new world, there exists an island that has been a massive mystery in the world since its first appearance decades ago.

The island itself was reason for surprise. It's magnitude varied but only under certain conditions. For example, the island may have not been sighted for years, and it only shows up on a log pose once someone lands on it. And only during the night.

The reason for this is another massive mystery. An island that appears out of the blue, usually right infront of a ship struggling in a storm, turning the waters around it icy cold. The ships almost always doc on it and only then does it become trackable. At night, it's magnetic pull becomes impossible strong... all because of the caves.

While it has a crew on it, the caves on the island become active. During the day, they are displayed on the exterior of the mountains. But during the night, they move.

They fold inwards and are pulled down to the bottom of the mountain where they are broken down into even smaller pockets, singling out any victums trapped inside them. If and when the people wake up, they are almost always alone, divided from whoever they were in the cave with.

This movement wasn't the worst of it. Of course, it is the new word we are talking about. For a lot of pirates that roamed this part of the sea, including luffy and law, this wasn't really the problem. But the strangeness of the island went on an on.

For example, there was the curse.

If more than two people were trapped in the cave, they were cursed. Simple as that. If an even number of people were trapped in the cave, pairs would be made. If there was an uneven number, one person would be left out.

These pairs shared the curse of magnetism, also referred to as the curse of magnet attraction. It was a very unique type of magnetism the curse bestowed. For example, although there was a positive and a negative in each pair, no other magnet would be effective against them. Their presence could not be picked up by a log pose and they couldn't be picked up by use of an ability similar to that of captain Eustas kid.

Much research is still being conducted to find patterns in these cases. Pairs that have escaped the mountain often had an increase in bounty so that research could be conducted on them. So far, 5h2 government and other research teams had only been able to discover curious things. For example, often the magnetic charge of each person in the pair reflected their personality. The more optimistic would be positive and the less bubbly would be the negative.

So goes the curse of magnetic attraction.

A curse that law and luffy had now fallen victim to.