#15

the small group had assembled outside the bathhouse, all of them shivering in the temperatures of the morning. the sun took longer than usual to warm the landscape because of the thick canopy of trees surrounding them.

Carrot had gone in to chat with the manager and open the bath house up, leaving the crews to their own devices. the girls stood together in silence, watching the two captains closely. penguin and sachi moved over and started chatting to them about the pair. the group of five devoted themselves to the protection and enhancement of their new ship.

"You know, if you are going to have a secret operation with plans and shit it needs a name." sachi pointed out. penguin nodded in responce.

"Yeah, something flashy and secretive."

they began to mumble amongst themselves, throwing names around. eventually robin stepped in with a suggestion of her own.

"how about a combination of their names? Like LawLu?"

there was a moment of silence as everyone pondered this new suggestion.

"sounds good."

"Fine by me."

"I like it."

and so it was decided. they turned to the pair who were standing in the corner. luffy had forgotten his jacket and was shaking like a leaf, a pout etched into his face. It seemed law was in the process of scolding his moronic ass.

Luffy mumbled something along the lines of 'sorry, torao. it wont happen again.' still pouting childishly. law sighed and gave in, not being able to hold annoyance when it came to the younger boy.

in an almost adorably exasperated way he unzipped his coat and opened it up. Luffy's pout disappeared, quickly replaced by a grin so wide it made the many witnesses jaws hurt just watching it.

the group of witnesses could basically feel the heat radiating from laws face as the younger dove into his jacket and then began doing the buttons up around him. satisfied, he let out a small chuckle and spun around, burying his face into laws warm body. beneath the cloak, his arms linked around the elders waist.

the group of 5 had one collective thought; this is going to be easier than we thought.

at that moment, carrot reappeared.

"Sorry, that took longer than i expected. follow me, i'll show you around!"

she skipped off with the others following on her tail. luffy sprung up and looped his arms around laws neck and his legs around his waist, still somehow tired. both he and the crew had warned law about how much luffy tended to sleep after a battle, especially one the scale of what had occurred merely 1 week ago.

knowing this, he crossed his arms below the already sleeping boys thighs and carried him in behind the others without a word of protest.

carrot led them to an area of lockers and the group split up into girls and guys, the latter significantly outnumbering the former. as they parted, ikkaku grabbed sachi and penguins ears.

"remember you two, this is your most important job. only you can observe and engage in the goings on of the spa, so above all make sure to gather enough information to report back to us."

the boys nodded and gave a dutiful salute. once they were released from their companions vice-like grip, they scurried off after the group of guys now filing into their bath to fulfil their duty.

as the girls slipped away, they muttered to themselves about the idiots, hoping that they did a good job.

soon enough they were all soaking in the piping hot water, an especially pleasant experience for the pair who had not been able to fully relax like this since leaving dressrossa. that was, of course, luffy and law.

the two were just minding their own business, lounging against each other shoulder to shoulder, but found they could not quite find peace. luffy was chilling, but law could feel the pair of familiar eyes boring holes into him.

eventually, he cracked an eye open and stared them down.

"Are you two done?" he growled, holding his cold stare on them until they cracked and looked away, sweating bullets.

they had tried. having failed their original task, penguin and sachi made a bee line towards sanji, who was trying valiantly to peek over the wall dividing the female and male quarters.

The only two members of the LawLu gang were now occupied, however the rest of laws crew had been waiting for an opportunity to ask their captain some things. there were many actions and decisions that took place whilst her were gone that they did not yet understand. the more ignorant of those people couldn't even get their head around the alliance.

Jean Bart was the first to ask a question.

"say captain, why is it you wanted to take down doflamingo." He enquired. Law tensed, caught off guard by the question, and warily looked up.

"Long story." He mumbled after a while. the rest of the crew had too many questions to let the subject drop. Sensitive to laws, unease, Luffy also turned his quiet focus to the captain.

"What happened on that cursed island thingy?" Law didn't even get a chance to answer this one.

"Did you have beef with doflamingo?"

"did this start in the past?"

"Did you two know each other?"

"Were you friends?"

"Come to think of it, we don't know anything about your past."

"What happened, captain?"

Law was completely overwhelmed. his oblivious crew mates could of course not be blamed for their demanding into such a sensitive subject, but it was stirring some not so good memories for the young captain. Before he did anything stupid, luffy came to his aid.

this is really random but to whom it may concern I am currently bawling my eyes out because i just binge watched link click. let me know if anyone has seen it!