#12

the rest of the trip to zou was more or less uneventful. boa continued to fuss around over luffy, but she never took another dig at law. he wasn't complaining.  they were sitting side by side now, staring as the form of the elephant grew more and more defined in the fog. 

it took a lot to impress law, so he was more or less accepting of this insane phenomena.  luffy, on the other hand, was gawping at it, too stunned to speak. the awe was so evident on his features it almost made law laugh.

soon enough there were women milling around all over the place, preparing to connect to the leg of the elephant. all law and luffy could do was sit and watch. 

when they were finally tethered, luffy could no longer sit still. he hurriedly ran up to hancock and, much to laws disapproval, wrapped her in a bear hug. the empress promptly feinted, clearly not hearing the thanks the boy was hollering into her ear. eventually he let go and trotted over to law. he pulled him to his feet and proceeded to fling his arms way up the elephants leg. 

law could only watch his companion in horror as a daemonic smirk spread over is face. he only vaguely heard the boy utter his signature phrase and then they were gone. the second their feet left the ground, law felt luffys legs snake around his waist like a seat belt. it was rather clear to him then that they weren't going to make it all the way up, so he mentally prepared himself to open a room.

luffy had, surprisingly, thought this through. he let go of zunesha and let them sail up as far as they could before flinging them even higher. it did't take the pair long to reach the top where they flopped down on the grass, law panting and luffy chuckling like he didn't have a care in the world. what disturbed them up was a monkey. 

the little guy was caught in a huge wave of water that was heading straight for them, looking like it might throw them right off the cliff. luffy did what he always did and threw cation to the wind, prioritising the monkey as the water raced towards them. the more intelligent of the pair saw it coming and opened a room. as soon as luffys hand reached the mortified primate, they were gone.

the pair reappeared on a tree, surrounded on all sides by water. 

"this place is weird." luffy mumbled, setting the monkey down. It took one look at the pair and then darted off, skipping from tree to tree. Luffy looked as though he were about to go after him, so law latched onto his arm. 

"don't go doing anything stupid, mugiwara-ya." He warned, earning a pout from the younger. 

Before the smaller boy could protest, a stranger appeared before them. Both luffy and law froze, turning slowly to face the newcomer who was, it seemed, part dog.

"A mink." Law mused. luffy just stared.

"Are you Trafalgar law and straw hat luffy?" She asked, her face dead serious. Law and luffy exchanged glances, not sure whether this woman had ill intent. they both answered simultaneously. 

"no." "That's us!"

law turned to luffy, aghast. 

"Shut up, you moron, we're wanted criminals you know!"

before luffy could reply, the dog woman interrupted them once again.

"Don't worry, I'm friendly. the rest of your crews are both back at my village. I'll take you."

Again, law and luffy answered in unison.

"We're alright." "Yosh! Lets go!"

the woman blinked at them, already finding the two strange. law went to talk some sense into luffy, but the younger just grabbed him.

"Lead the way!" he cheered. law was too shocked to even protest as luffy climbed down after the mink. there was a funny looking crocodile at the bottom that they climbed onto, and then they were off. 

"My name is wanda." The mink spoke, breaking law out of his state of shock. He knew there was nothing he could really do so he started brooding silently.

"Nice to meet ya! My name's luffy and i'm gonna be the king of the pirates!" Luffy announced, beaming. laws mood instantly lifted and he became aware of how uncomfortable he was. 

"Mugiwara-ya, let go of me. you're going to snap me in half." He complained. Luffy glanced down at him and carefully lifted him up, sitting him down in front of him and wrapping his hands around his waist. Law was surprised by the touch, especially as the youngers forhead came to rest on his back. 

"Maaaaaan, i'm tired. I'll leave the rest to you torao, i'm going to sleep."

Law started, indignant, but he was too late. the younger was already snoring softly against his back, fast asleep. In front of them, wander chuckled.

"You two are pretty weird." she commented, looking back over her shoulder. 

"Don't lump me in with this moron, this is just the way things turned out." Law mumbled, thoroughly uninterested in chatting with this stranger. As he slept, luffys hold on him slackened and he started to teeter to the side. law gently lifted him and sat him between his legs, holding him around the waste as his head hit laws collar bone. the smaller boy curled up, leaning into laws chest, and was still.

Wanda still watched them. "Ahhhh. I see what this is." She chuckled. "You two are a couple. Nami could have told me."

Law's blush must have given him away, but he was still taken aback by the comment. 

"Wha- did they not tell you anything about what happened to us? We're cursed. We can't separate at all or it's exhausting." He snapped, up in arms for reasons he didn't want to address. 

the mink just hummed to herself and turned back to the front. they travelled in silence for a while until the water receded and the strange creature they were on started walking on what looked to be leathery skin.

so this really is the back of an elephant. how strange. law pondered. wanda snapped him out of his thoughts.

"We're almost there now. It's just around the corner." It was at that moment that law heard a very familiar voice.

"CAPTAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN"

wow i'm so sorry it's been almost two months. I do plan on continuing this story for quite a while, probably to wano, so feel free to give me any recommendations. at this point i think i'll pretend whole cake dosent exist because I can't split law and luffy up now. I'll just say sanji isn't a dick and he goes with jinbe to wano instead of having a sulk and staying with big mom. I'm sorry for my laziness. 

Anyway i'm so sorry for my lack of reliability, i will try to get better, all of you have an amazing day and thank you so much for reading this shit.