#16

Law was completely overwhelmed.  his oblivious crew mates could of course not be blamed for  their demanding into such a sensitive subject, but it was stirring some not so good memories for the young captain. Before he did anything stupid, luffy came to his aid.

"we allied to take down a yonko." He explained, plastering a carefree smile on his face and allowing law to hide his anxiety behind it. "I ruined Torao's plan and it resulted in him getting kidnapped. Doflamingo was a necessary part of the plan, but it wasn't supposed to go the way it did. Of course we ended up fighting doflamingo after that."

He then excused himself and law with the bathroom escape plan and led him away, maintaining his happy little carefree smile as he dragged his companion by the hand through the compound.

The first thing Luffy did was check if law actually needed to use the bathroom. Neither of them did. With this clarified, he dropped down onto a bench, using the hand that still clung to laws arm to drag the other with him.

Law was caught completely off guard and found himself quite suddenly in the embrace of the younger captain. almost immediately, he began to relax, snaking his own arms around the others waist to return the gesture. his height allowed him to bury his head in the younger's hair, and as he did just that he felt all the anxiety building in his chest flee, as though it could not face the happiness of the boy who held him.

After a few minutes, he lifted his head. he was well aware that the other boy had just saved him from the trouble of dealing with his crew and was eternally grateful for it. one day he would tell them, but not when the wound had just been torn back open and was finally starting to heal. He spoke through the affectionate smile left unchecked on his lips.

"You know, I could ki-" Then he froze, hit with a sudden realisation. He had meant it as a joke, 'i could kiss you right now', but he realised then that he actually meant it and thought better of it. his hesitation, however, was a mistake. the joke he could have played off, but not this. A sly grin formed on luffy's face, not quite the reaction law had expected.

"You could what?" He smirked.

"Nothing." law mumbled, turning away to hide his flushed face.

"You could what, torao?"

"Forget i said anything."

"Laaaww~" He teased. This caught the older man completely off guard. His head whipped back around and the colour on his cheeks got impossible darker.

Luffy's face was inches away now, purposefully teasing. Law had never expected luffy to be capable of teasing him in such a way but fuck, it was working. He gulped, feeling his sanity leave him. before he lost the ability to speak, he mumbled one phrase;

"Fuck it."

Immediately after, there was a crash from outside the door. The source of the noise was sachi and penguin, who had managed to lift sanji high enough to peek over the slim gap on the top of the wall. the cook had then passed out and begun bleeding heavily from his nose. penguin and sachi, who claimed responsibility having been the ones who got him up there, dragged him towards the room where they had been told a first aid kit was stored. this happened to be the room luffy and law currently occupied.

They had made a grave error in judgement in just how much of a pervert sanji was. he was now bleeding so heavily they didn't think they could make it. just before they reached the door, sachi let out a yell. he had slipped on the blood pooling at their feet, his feet flying out in front of him. the unintentional kick he sent collided with the back of penguins kneecaps, causing him to loose his balance.

As sachi fell, he kept hold of sanjis arm, bringing the now unstable penguin down with him. the three landed in a bloody heap on the floor with an abnormally loud crash.

It was this crash that had snapped law out of his predatory state and simultaneously scared him out of his skin. Luffy scrambled to his feet and followed law to the door. upon opening it, the pair immediately panicked. three of their crew mates were scattered on the ground, all of them soaked in blood.

"Peng? Sachi? What in the hell happened to you three?"

Penguin dramatically lifted his head.

"captain... You must save this poor man. Whatever lay beyond those walls was far more powerful than we anticipated. this could be the end for him." With that he comedicly allowed his head to drop onto his arm. Luffy, having lived with sanji long enough, sighed and then let out a chukle.

"Don't worry Torao, its my one thats bleeding. he must have seen over the wall." Law glanced from him back to his two idiotic crew members and sighed, opening a room. in an instant the lot of them were standing before the first aid room. law took hold of luffys arm and dragged him off, leaving the blood soaked trio on the floor. they once again left the room, neither of them bringing up the moment they had just come too close to experiencing.

they headed back into the bath and sat down side by side next to the soaps.

"Can I wash your hair, Torao?" Luffy asked, out of the blue. law nodded at him after a slight hesitation, seeing no harm. he had unknowingly come to trust luffy so much that most things he would usually never do with others he did with him. a lot of the time he found himself putting it down to the fact that they were stuck within a close proximity, so there was nothing he could do about it.

this, of course, was not always the case. like now, for example, as he sat between luffy's knees, the younger absent minded-ly humming as he rubbed gently circles into the surgeons head.

He had long since realised his feelings, but couldn't quite accept it. That this moron of a boy was stuck to him for life. and that he was happy about it.