#6

Hancock had left law in his state of shock and gone to make sure a massive feast was ready when luffy woke up, muttering to herself about how hungry he would be.

Law just sat there. He was slowly coming to terms with the situation, unlikely as it was. He knew this curse was a hard one to deal with, but from what he'd read it became easier to keep distance as the curse settled Into place. His meant that he's be stuck within a one metre proximity with luffy until got better at managing their magnetism and were able to move apart.

Just as he was begining to get over his shock, luffy stirred on his chest, stealing laws attention. The older immediately began to panic, wondering what luffys reaction would be to waking up like this.

He needn't have worried.

The small boys eyes opened and blinked a few times, confused as to where he was. Law, for lack of anything better to do, closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep, ignoring the fact that he was sitting upright and very clearly not asleep.

He felt his face redden as luffy shifted in his lap, stretching his arms.

"Good morning tora-o!" He chirped, dropping back down onto laws chest, his usual grin finding its way onto his face.

Laws eyes shot open in surprise as he went impossibly more red, his blush spreading down his neck. Luffy groaned a little and flipped over so he was sitting beside law with an arm and leg draped over him, leaning into his shoulder.

"My head hurts." He announced, closing his eyes. His comment bought laws attention back to his own pulsing head. Seing as they both had the same symptoms he put it down to he after effects of the curse.

"I'll have boa-ya get us some pain killers." Law muttered, turning away from the teen.

"Hmm? Hammock? What's she doing here?" Luffy asked, perking up. "Come to think of it, where are we?"

As his head cocked to the side, law had to supress the laughter that threatened to escape him at the mention of luffys ridiculous nick name for boa hancock. He now realised that he had gotten off lightly with his own name from luffy. From what he'd heard he was luck not to be named after a vegetable like Cavendish.

"I don't really know what happened but boa-ya found us unconcious on the island and picked us up. Do you know what happened to us there?" Law asked, going serious once again.

Luffy nodded, looking bored. After a moments silence law realised that he didn't intend to elaborate and sighed.

"Could you tell me?" He asked, already dreading having to he stuck to the dumbass.

Luffy stuck a finger into his nose.

"Well, you fell in the water and it was cold so you went all shivering and so I dragged you into the caves." He said sounding bored. "Oh! And then on the way I spotted this huuuuge beetle, one I'd never seen before, but it-"

"Mugiwara-ya!" Law scoled, smacking luffy over the head. Luffy pouted and crossed his arms but continued the story anyway.

"Well I left you in the cave and went and got some meat but I never got to eat it cos you were worse." He stated matter of factly.

Law was having a hard time understanding what he was talking about but decided it wasn't really important and allowed luffy to continue without demanding an elaboration.

"You weren't even more shivering and then you grabbed onto me and I was stuck so then I picked you up and we both fell asleep." Law felt his face heat up and turned away to hide It from luffy. If he hadn't, he would have seen that the other was in a similar state.

"I woke up and it was all dark and you weren't there. There was this weird thing like a string pulling me so I went and punched the wall a bunch and then found your sword thingy and your arm attached to it. And then I punched a hole in the roof and we got out."

It took laws brain a little while longer to process all the words streaming it of luffys mouth. The first thing that his him was concern. If luffy had passed ot after getting him to the top it must have been pretty hard to do. Plus all the rock...

Without thinking, law pulled away the blanket and reached for luffys hands. That's when he noticed something missing. He fought desperately hard to stop the blush from returning to his cheeks. His much blood to his head can't have been healthy.

"Mugiwara-ya, where are out shirts?" He asked as calmly as he could.

"Oh?" Luffy looked thoughtful yet somehow uninterested at the same time. "Oh yeah. They were wet so I hung them up in the cave. I suppose they are still there."

"I see." Law muttered, trying to ignore it and failing quite badly. Instead he turned his attention back to luffys hands.

They were wraped in bandages and quite stolen, blood seeping thought the rough material. Luffy blinked a few times in confusion, eyes glued on law.

"What?" He whined, pulling his hand away and crossing them.

Law was utterly shocked. "What! What fmdo you mean what? Did you punch through the God dammed mountain to got me out?"

Luffy just shrugged. Then a wide rin spread across his face.

"I don't know what the big deal is. We're friends! I'll look out for you."

Law didnt know what did it. The genuine smile on his face, the sweet words themselves or the confident innocence in his voice, but the phrase broke laws heart in a good way. Well, not really good. It shattered and reformed but it was missing a rather vital part. He knew exactly where that piece went. It belonged to luffy and he could never get it back.

In his shock he didn't notice hancock return.

"L-l-luffy~" She yelped, throwing herself at him. He grinned and patted her back awkwardly.

"Hammock! It's been a while."