#9

It took a moment for what was said to pass through laws skull.

"You... do you think of yourself as a burden to me?" Law asked, suddenly feeling guilty. His companions silence only confirmed his theories. His face softened and he tightened his grip on the smaller boy.

"I allied with you for a reason, stupid." He said,  "you are strong, reliable, honest,  not going to stab be in the back, true to your ideals, and maybe I like you just a little bit."

Luffy froze, lifting his head to look up at law. A smile slowly formed on his face, bringing more relief to law than he cared to admit.

"Does that mean we're friends then tora-o?" Luffy asked, looking hopeful.

Law paused for a moment. His immediate reaction was to say no, but when he thought about it his only real reason for doing that was to keep as much distance between them as possible. But with the curse, that was no longer an option. Plus, how could law possibly say no in the state he boy was in?

"... if you want, I dont really -"

Luffy pulled law down the bed so he was lying down, catching him completely off guard.

"Yes. you are my friend now tora-o, no matter what!" He beamed. Then he dropped down onto laws stomach, resting his head on his chest. He was sleeping happily again in a matter of seconds.

Laws smile came a moment later. He chuckled, pulling he blanket up around luffy and tucking him in before wrapping his own arms around him and closing his eyes. He could really get used to this whole curse thing.

When the next one of them woke, it was, surprisingly, luffy. He was hungry.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, yawning. Then he noticed the body underneath him. A smile formed on his face at the sight of law fast asleep. For once in his entire life, he was torn. Food, or staying in bed.

Eventually he decided he could just lie with law later and got up. Hancock had stuffed the fridge and pantry with food and he immediatly made for that. When he got to the edge of the bed, however, that little string began to pull him back.

Remembering the deal with the curse, lufgy pouted, crawling back over to law and sitting beside him. He sat there watching law for about half an hour until he finally began to stir.

Law woke up feeling well rested. This was a blessing in itself. What made it better was the luxury room, the warmth of the bead and, of course, the younger boy sitting beside him, absent mindedly playing with his hair.

When he noticed Law was up, luffy beamed.

"Morning, tora-o!" He chirped. Law was glad to see him back to his usual self.

"Gmornin." He mumbled, finding that he wasn't really in the mood to get up. Luffy, how ever, seemed to have other ideas.

"Come on, I'm huuunnnggrryyyyy." He whined, climbing out of bed and tugging at laws arm. The older sighed, heaving himself up and swinging his legs off his bed.

He rubbed his eyes, sighing. When he lifted his head again, luffy was glaring at him.

"Hurry up." He scolded. Law pulled on the string between him and let it pull him forwards. He had forgotten about the effectt also had as luffy and was caught off gu, crashing right back into law.

He managed to stay on his feet, doing a weird shuffle to keep them both upright. When they were eventually stable again, law released the hold on luffy he wansnt fully aware he had.

He then turned away, abashed, while luffy just chuckled. The two of them went into the bathroom. Luffy washed his face while law used the bathroom, and then they switched. It was thoroughly exhausting for them having to maintain a distance like that for that long.

Finally, with a very impatient luffy, the two of them reached the kitchen. Luffy plopped himself down on a seat and sat there watching as law blinked at him.

"You have to come too dumbass." He pointed out when he remembered who he was dealing with. Luffy seemed to process this for a moment before it clicked in his mind that they had to stay within a meter of each other.

When he finally connected the dots he grinned, launching himself to his feet.

"Yosh! In that case, let me help!" He announced, leaping up and following law into the kitchen. The elder was not entirely convinced of the other captain's ability to cook and so decided it would be wise to keep a very close eye on him.

He did just that, standing behind luffy and helping him put together a meal. His knife skills were terrible, although he insisted he could do it, and every time he cut laws anxiety grew, fearing that the younger may cut himself.

Sighing with exasperation he didn't actually feel, he wrapped his arms around the small boy and took each of his hands, readjusting his grip on the knife while simultaneously turning the colour if the tomato they were cutting.

Neither of them said a word as they continued to work through the process, finding they could actually manage quite well with their close proximity.

Me: decides to check notifications to put off writing.
Also me remembering nobody loves me.

Sigh, guess I'll get back to work.

Eventually they came to the final product, a not entirely bad plate of bacon and eggs each. They sat side by side on the couch and ate in silence, luffy, for once, keeping his hands to his own plate.

After, they both cleaned up and turned to deciding on their course of action regarding the rest of the day.

"Tora-o, let's look around!'' luffy suggested, restless. Truthfully  law just wanted to go back to bed, but he knew the younger could never have the patience.

"I don't care, just stay well clear of any people I may have to talk to." He said, sticking his hands in his pockets and falling in behind luffy as they filed out of the kitchen and out the front door, where they almost immediatly bumped into hancock.

It seemed she had been standing there for quite a while waiting for the two of them to get up. Law tried his best not to be creeper out. It didn't work.

"L-l-luffy dear!" She stuttered. "I didn't expect to see you here. How was your sleep?" Luffy looked rather confused but didn't question it.

"Good. Me and tora-o are gonna explore the ship." He grinned.

"Oh! In that case I'll take you around mys-"

"No need for that.' Law cut her off. Rage clouded Hancock's features almost instantly.

"Care to repeat that you good for nothing jackass?" She growled, venom coating every word. Law took a step back, defensive, but luffy came to his aid.

"It's alright hammock. He just means it's more fun when we don't know where we're going!" He said, casually placing himself between law and hancock as he did so.

The empress immediaty dropped the subject, returning to her usual demenour.

"Oh! I see honey! In that case I'll have the cooks start on morning tea for when you are done." She chirped, slipping away.

Law shot luffy a great full look, earning him an adorable little smile In return, and the luffy latched onto his hand and went skipping off down the hallway.