11

His eyes raked over me in a way that would scare any woman to death, in my case though, death wasn't an option. I was yet again, nearly bare in the presence of a man. It seemed that Edward and him were more likely to catch me off guard and undressed, than Severus was.

But in Edwards case, I knew he couldn't touch me or Severus would be displeased, very displeased. I wasn't so sure about his father and from the way he was looking at me, I couldn't even force myself to relax.

"It seems I've caught you at the wrong time."

He tilted his head to a side and assessed me yet again before humming to himself. He looked away momentarily but when I made a move towards the cabinet his head snapped back to me.

"I would like to have a word with you."

I swallowed to moisten my dry mouth before nodding at him.

"Of course, just let me dre~"

"I'm afraid it cannot wait."

He interrupted me making me frown as he met my eyes. What could've been so important that he would come all the way here to talk to me about it.

"It's about Severus."

My head nodded on its own accord as I stepped back and pulled out a dress from the closet.

"I've been trained to not be naked in the presence of a man who's not my husband, so if you'll excuse me."

His eyes narrowed in a glare as I stepped back into the washroom and locked the door behind myself.

Splashing water onto my face, I slapped my cheeks a few times. Get it together. Taking a deep breath, I quickly pulled on my dress before stepping out again.

"Sally must've told you that you must not go against my or my sons orders right?"

I nodded my head quickly already knowing where he was going with this.

"Yet you chose to disobey."

Having the answer already memorized, I spoke up. My voice smaller than I would've pegged it to be. The man was just as scary as the first time he met me but now that I knew of what he had planned to do to me. I feared him and with Severus being somewhere else I didn't know what to do.

"I followed the orders that Severus gave me Sir."

He nodded his head and motioned me to a couch with his hand. I cautiously strode towards it before seating myself down, near the edge in case I'd have to run.

"Now now, you don't have to be frightened."

His deep voice was enough to push my brain towards the spiraling pit of fear. The air seemed to grow colder with every breath he took. The warmth being sucked out of the room that was supposed to be nice, cozy and warm. Leaving it a cold and unsafe mess.

"You must know by now, the responsibilities you have as the Donna."

I nodded my head, his lips thinned into a line as his expression grew dark.

"Then you're well aware of the blood shed that has been caused because of you?"

I stared at him with wide eyes at his implications, I don't think that anyone knew of me being here. Anyone who could help me at least, I myself didn't know if I was in my hometown or not.

"Seems as though Severus hasn't mentioned that to you yet has he?"

I shook my head knowing exactly why Severus kept it from me. I would hate to ever have people throwing their lives on the line for me and I might've held him responsible or blamed him for it. No, that was something I wouldn't do, Severus had promised to protect me no matter what the cost and if for the sake of that promise he'd have to make sacrifices, then he gladly would.