23

I stared at the cliff longingly, tears rolling down my cheeks as unbearable pain erupted inside my skull. I clenched my jaw, holding my head, not removing my eyes from the spot where my husband had stood barely a few minutes ago. The man behind me snickered patting my shoulder from the back.

"Get up."

I remained on spot, feeling numbness grow inside me. Numbing the aching in my head and zoning out on the sounds around me. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and yanked me by my hair. My hands wrapped around his, trying to remove them as he pulled me to my feet.

"You said she's mine once that idiot is out of the way."

My eyes were screwed shut in pain as my hair remained tangled in his fingers, Edwards words were like an arrow through my heart. Reminding me that now, there was no saving me.

The man snorted, bringing his nose to the crook of my nose and sniffing deeply. I froze in panic, tugging his hand harder, failing to do what I had intended and instead ended up with a sharp sting in my jaw as I clenched it.

"I need to make the wait worth it first."

I whimpered in pain as his hand squeezed the spot on my waist that stung, I heard Edward growl.

"She's mine."

The man chuckled mockingly, pulling me back so his arm was around my neck. The other one resting on my aching waist.

"Come on now son, sharing is caring."

Edward glared at his father as the man turned us to the cliff once again.

"Besides, your brother has held me back for long enough."

My heart dropped as I pictured his smile, assuring me at the last moments. He wanted me to be safe, he gave himself up to save me but this man... This Man!

"Y-You~"

I coughed, wincing at the sharp pain that rang through my skull. He lowered his head, looking utterly relaxed as he leaned himself down to hear me out.

"Are not a real man."

I gasped as his hand squeezed my jaw. My pleading eyes turned to Edward, finally we made eye contact, a silent emotion pooled in his irises as he stared at me.

"What did you say Bitch? Do you know what I can do to yo~"

"Stop it."

Edward interrupted, hands fisted as he glowered at his father.

"what? Don't tell me you'll be the next Severus?"

His father responded with disgust coating his voice, Edwards eyes darkened as I mustered up the courage to ball my fists and throw my arm back. It connected with his gut as he groaned, letting me go.

I immediately turned walking backwards. A 'click' resonated around us and a bullet shot past me. I froze in fear taking a second to realize that it wasn't meant for me. Blood oozed out, surrounding my feet as it pooled around me.

I stared at Edward in shock, the gun held tightly in his hands as his father fell to his knees. His face was blank as he cocked his head to the cliff. I didn't think twice, with the courage and bravery vanishing into thin air. I ran to the edge, crying as I did so leaning over the edge. The tears ran faster down my cheek as I took in the sight below me. I covered my mouth with both my hands, quieting the sobs threatening to rip through.

Something quite similar to a trunk slamming shut greeted my ears as Edward soon appeared beside me. Lowering the rope to my dangling husband. His hands gripped onto a branch that grew a little beneath the edge of the cliff, face scrunched into a look of pain. His wound was tightly pressed against the branch, applying pressure to the injury.

Edward dropped the rope, I silently prayed for his strength, in fear that he might suddenly let the rope go. Severus wrapped the rope tightly around his hand letting the branch go and holding the rope with his other one. Edward stepped back, pulling Severus higher and higher with every step he took.

I quickly held onto Severus as he neared the top, he sighed in relief finally resting on solid ground. I wrapped my arms tightly around him, crying into his neck as Edward gathered up the rope. I heard several thumps in the background but focused on the man who still wore a smile, though slightly pained, it was still present and just as assuring.

He brought his good hand to my cheek and brushed the bruise, I hissed in pain withdrawing a little and focusing on his bleeding shoulder. I lifted myself off him as Edward came running back with what looked like a cloth. He handed it to me, positioning himself beneath Severus's good arm and helping him up. Even though Severus didn't stumble neither did he walk with a limp. He stuck to silently being helped to the car.

Edward settled him in the back as I entered from the other door.

"Press it to his wound and apply pressure on it. Keep your eyes open."

I nodded following his instructions, noticing the eye roll Severus had done at the order he received. The car purred to life and I sat beside Severus as he laid on the seat. My knees were pressed to the bottom of the car as I held the cloth there. His hand crawled to mine and held it in his. A satisfied smile taking over his face as he closed his eyes.

"Stay up."

I choked out, he gave a small nod peeking through his eyelashes to smile at me. Ducking my head, I forced my mind off of his slightly dropping lids and prayed.

Please Lord, you didn't kill him then, please don't kill him now. Please, he's the only one I rely on, don't take him away too. I love him more than anything, he's the strength I needed, without him I won~ can't hold on. Let him live, let him stay awake and face our future. Let us stay together through everything. You brought us together during terrible times and brought us closer during even worse ones, let him face the worst of times by my side.

I sobbed silently, his hand squeezed mine gently as I raised my head and met his eyes.

"We're nearly there, Severus, keep your eyes open dammit, I'll kill you if you don't."

Edward resorted to threatening, bringing a smile to both our faces. The car stopped in the middle of dense woods, a house stood in front of us. Jumping out of the drivers seat, he quickly rushed to the back side, pulling the door open.

We helped Severus in, as the mask slipped and his smile slowly fell into a thin line, every step we took made him wince as he finally leaned on Edward. Edward paled as my husband breathed shallowly, my stomach turned as painful outcomes flashed across my mind.

A familiar face came running out the door followed by a few men in black. Both Sally and I stared behind them as they escorted Severus to a room and closed the door behind themselves.

"Donna."

Sally did a bow and handed me a napkin. I wiped at my face with it, noticing the red prints left on it by my bloody hands. I stared silently at the blood that remained, feeling agonized while remembering who it belonged to.

"Lets get you cleaned up."

Her tone was the softest I had ever heard, with a subtle nod from me, she led me through the house. Walking beside me and throwing sympathetic looks my way, looks that I failed to acknowledge. Mind still stuck on my Severus and his condition.