29

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I~"

Severus chuckled as I kissed all over his face as a silent thank you, confessing my undying love to him.

"That contradicts your earlier statement love."

"What earlier statement? Your ears must be ringing."

I responded quickly, tying the knot on his bandages tightly. He winced slightly before pulling his shirt on and rotating his shoulder to test the movement of his arm.

"Thank you love."

I beamed at him before sitting down beside him, his wound was well healed but I kept it covered as precaution. I can't believe it had only been 7 hours since I hugged my parents after 10 whole years.

It was approaching mid night, during the rest of the day we had moved to another safe house, I was in the same car as my parents after Severus reluctantly let Donna drag him away. It was a full on tear fest that we sat through, my father was the most shaken one. He apologized so many times for letting me leave on my own, going as far as to call himself a terrible parent.

I had to remind them of what they always told me, which was that every human makes mistakes. That just resulted in dad complaining about no one else being that stupid. After mom and I had managed to calm him down, they relayed the whole story to me.

I had known before hand that my parents were involved with the police in the earlier stages of their lives but as far as I knew, they had dropped the profession once I was born. After me being taken away, they took it upon themselves to personally track me down. No matter how long it took.

After four hopeless years of relentless searching, on a stormy evening, they were approached by a boy covered in a dark hoodie who asked them for their help. According to mom, the boy was tall with eyes the color of the sky on that very evening, and a raging storm held within them.

They agreed to have a word with him, the way he started the conversation was by passing them a few pictures of me and rekindling their hope. Then he got to the harder and darker part of the proposition he had.

He wanted an alliance with them and their help to get us out of that world. That was the only time they met him up close, the other times it was a similar boy with green eyes. I already knew who those two were and I actually thought about hugging Edward.

He came in contact with my parents once every three months and gave them any information that Severus had passed. That was how Severus had fake moles planted in his gang to take down the moles of his father who had taken an oath for the sole purpose of harming us.

What was their signal to put the plan in action was when Severus contacted them on my eighteenth birthday, right after our wedding. Swearing to them that he would protect me no matter what and indirectly confessing his love for me by the following words: 'I do not wish to lose a loved one in the midst of all this chaos.'

They were happy for us, in fact they were more than just simply happy for us. It seemed that Severus was on an all clear from my father and his plans to drive away any other man in my life. From the way I read it, I could swear that my father respected Severus and my mother adored him. Her exact words were:

'No wonder he's from the mafia, he's got that mysterious bad boy look going for him. I'd suggest modeling as a career for him.'

She had the look on her face that she only had when looking at models and both father and me gave her unimpressed looks.

'What? its the truth! Girls would die to see him, and to think he's such a sweet heart on top of that.'

She sighed dreamily as dad face palmed, telling me to ignore her and getting back on track. Severus had his doubts about possible sources of threat if his father was eliminated from the equation. Since the cops and military needed proof to decapitate the planner behind all the chaos that I had been protected from, this whole Plan was thought of to help them catch the suspect in act.