18 (Severus's POV)

Guys I'm sorry for the delay, I've been sick and someone tried to access my email account (Which I made years ago when I created this wattpad account and rightfully forgot the password to) The alert shocked me and made outlook force me to change my password...except I'm an idiot who did not update the number and backup email so the process just became longer, anyways, I'm back now yaay!

With Severus's POV!

_________________________________

Severus POV:

"You actually went through with it!!"

I winced and glared at Edward as he paced inside my office. As soon as my control was properly established, I had passed the new order. It was only now though that it seemed to occur to the members, those under the oath didn't seem to mind it as much as the ones not under it did. And of course they would.

In the new order, I had decreased the time limit for those who hadn't taken oath. Especially when more than half of them were under my father or playing spies for our enemies. God Forbid if one of them actually tried to get the bounty and take Adira.

"what the Hell!"

Edwards shout brought me out of my daze as I stared at the now half pen grasped tightly between my fingers. The other half laid on the floor, glistening with the leaking ink that managed to get on it.

Turning my bored gaze back to my brother, I raised an eyebrow as he released a tired sigh and ran a hand over his face.

"This will cause an uproar."

I leaned back in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest as I responded.

"I'm very well aware of that."

He resorts to glaring at me, trying to stare me down and fail miserably. When he realized that I have no intention of appealing to the people, he sits himself down in front of me. Arms crossed and a frown marring his eyebrows. A glint of cat-killing curiosity shone in his eyes as he continued resisting the urge to adhere to it.

I stomped on the temptation to pass him a smug look and turned back to the file at hand. It contained all the information about the new man who had decided to trade a bounty for Adiras head. He was put down immediately but his resolve didn't diminish, instead it spread farther and quicker.

Word reached the world about the Donna of "Dilitirio" and many more threats rose up. Under Fathers rule, things were different. He had proven to be psychotic by stabbing our uncle to death at the age of 14, ever since then people had feared him and his hunger for power and control.

My grandfather and Father together trained me to dominate our world, to kill without thought and take without consent. Whereas, my mother indirectly taught me the things they didn't mention.

Watching her get pushed around, ridiculed, mocked and used didn't settle well with me and when I threatened to drop my position if he didn't stop it. Father let up. But his hunger for power shifted after I took over.

From day one, it was easy to tell that for him Adira was a new target. Not because her innocence demanded attention from all the scavengers but also because for my father. She was an unused treasure, something he had discovered but not used or laid his hand on even once.

He was another reason why I had ordered Edward to start the gun training immediately. I realized that the odds were completely against us when Edward gave me the report of their first training lesson. Adira has been sheltered and raised like a 'lady' so it was impossible for her to suddenly absorb the change in her routine with addition to training.