28

This A/N is the only added/edited part in this chapter:

Okay so I want to thank all of you because not only did you motivate me/ bring me this close to completing a book you also increased my confidence as a writer. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The other thing I want to tell you is that chapter 29 is the last chapter of this book (Yes we're that close to the ending) And I want to make it longer and publish it with the epilogue( Which will be the 30th chapter but since I think of it as an extra I won't call it a chapter) Hence it will take a day or two to be done with that. Just giving you a heads up!

Love you all <3 (It feels weird to actually use this sign)

______________________________

The sounds of gunshots increased as Edward kept us behind the doors. His men gathered around us, ready to dive into danger if need be.

"I've barricaded the basement door."

A new figure appearing from one of the guarded gateways announced.

"How long do you think it can hold them back?"

The man shrugged at one of his companions query.

"I'm not sure, its a metal door though so I think we can rest easy for a while."

I turned to Edward and found him glaring outside the window. His eyebrows were furrowed as he frowned at all the people outside.

"What are they doing?!"

His sudden shout drew all our eyes to him as he reloaded his gun.

"Change of plans, get to the closest safe room you can find and hide. Things aren't looking too good out there."

I gulped at his words, trying to peer out but he blocked my line of sight.

"Severus is out there."

"I'm well aware of that."

His curt response had me scowling in return, I tried to side step him but failed as he moved to block my way again.

"The police arriving just riled up the infiltrators, its a full on blood bath out there. You stepping out will only distract Severus. Do you understand what I'm saying? Or do you want to be the reason your husband looses his focus on the battlefield and gets shot?"

I shook my head quickly as he nodded, before moving us away from the door. We didn't retreat up the stairs, instead we found the closest room and hid inside. The three of us females were closer to the adjoined washroom to take cover in case an enemy decided to enter.

After what felt like ages, the sound of shooting stopped outside and I turned to Edward as he glanced back at us over his shoulders.

"I'll go ahead and check, stay on guard."

True to his words he took his leave and the rest of us stayed behind. The man from earlier with the blood filled bangs decided that it was about time he stopped staring and walked over to me.

"So you're the Donna?"

I nodded cautiously as he assessed me again, his eyes locked onto the gun in my hand and I moved it behind me in an attempt to cover it up.

"Is that just for show or do you actually know how to use it?"

I gritted my teeth and nodded slowly, his lips turned into a lop sided grin as he pulled out a similar gun from his jacket.

"Twins."

He held up a 'v' sign with his fingers as the other members sighed and turned away.

"The names Cobra, but you can call me whatever you like Donna."