Chapter 16: Colton

I woke up in the back of the bar with a headache.  I saw a glass sitting next to me.  I don't know what I have done, I needed to see Ashley, this was the end of all our problems.  I set the glass down on the counter and ran out the door to my truck.  I drove all the way to Ashley's house and opened the door out of breath.  "Ashley!" I searched all over the house and went into our bedroom.  There was a note laying on the bed. It read.
Colton,
I came to find that we weren't meant to be.  I don't want you spending the rest of your life with a liar.  I didn't tell you but while we were on the trip, I became pregnant and the night we went clubbing, I drank too much and lost the baby.  I didn't want to tell you because I knew how you would react and you deserve better in your life.  These past two years have been unforgettable and ones I'll remember forever.  Those nights we spent together with each other were endless.  We'd kiss and touch, and it was sweet.  But just the way you'd look at me, God I couldn't resist the look in your eyes, I don't know what it was but you changed me in a good way.  You were the most loving person to me and I loved you very much.  But eventually I realized that we didn't see eye to eye, and I figured out a way to move on in my life.  I'll remember you forever Colton
         -Ashley
I sprang up and got in my car.  I knew Ashley would be somewhere to get this out of her mind.  The beach.  Oh my God, I had to see her.  I needed to tell her what she needed to say and to work it out.  I drove over the speed limit and even ran a few red lights desperate to get to her as fast as I could.  I pulled up to the beach and parked my car.  I ran into the sand and looked for her.  I looked around everywhere and saw her looking out at the ocean.  Arms crossed with her hair blowing in the wind.  I walked up to her slowly and stood next to her.  I looked out and saw all the people splashing around in the water and the memory of me and Ashley out there splashing and playing for hours.  I turned to look at her.  "Ashley, I read your note." She smirked.  "Good to know that you cared to read it." "Ashley, you'd be crazy to ever think that I wouldn't want to be with you, relationships have their ups and downs but we work it out in the end." She turned to look at me.  "Ashley, I'm completely in love with you, and don't want anything to happen to you, I'm not mad I just want us to be more honest with each other." "Colton,  I just can't understand how you put up with me and I just need to let go." "Ashley, we're gonna do it together no matter what, I love you and no matter what the circumstances I always will." She smiled.  "I love you too." She grabbed my face and kissed me with the glare on the sunset shining on our faces.