𝟏.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

(𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠)

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I sit in my marui, braiding crystals into my hair until my sister Tsireya comes in. "Sister, we have visitors." She says. I look over to her, "what kind of visitors?" I ask. "Forest na'vi." She replies. I furrow my non-existent eyebrows. "What are forest na'vi doing here?" I say, finishing off my last braid.

"It's Toruk Makto, he says he seeks uturu." Tsireya says. I sigh, I stand up and she takes my hand and we walk to the beach. The crowd makes way for Tsireya and I, we walk through and I study the na'vi infront of me as Tsireya lets go of my hand and stands beside her friend in the crowd.

Their tails are thinner than ours, they have thin arms and some of them have.. five fingers? My eyes meet with a boy who looks around a year older than me. Beside him stands a boy who looks two years older. Then there's a girl who looks around my age, and a younger girl who stands beside a woman who looks like the mother, and beside her stands Toruk Makto.

I look beside me to see my father, and my mother negotiating whether to let them stay or not. My mother nods and my father looks out to the family standing infront of him. "Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us, treat them as our brothers and sisters. They do not know the sea, so they will be like babies, taking their first breath." Father says.

"Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬." He says. "What do we say?" Toruk Makto says to his family. The young girl looks at father with a big smile, while saying thank you. The two boys say thank you, and the teenage girl rolls her eyes and says thank you, barely below a whisper.

"My son, Aonung and my two daughters Tsireya and Vasilia will show your children what to do." Father says. "Dad, why do I have to-" Aonung starts. "It has been decided." Father snaps. Tsireya then walks to the front of the family, "Come, my sister and I will show you our village." She says, giving me some of the families belongings to carry. I sigh and start leading the way.

Tsireya and I walk side by side, talking about how excited we are. Well, how excited 𝐓𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐚 is. I have no interest in making friends with these forest people, I'd rather be on my own. We make it to their marui and Tsireya and I stand to the side while they all walk in. "This is where you'll be staying." Tsireya says. I walk in and put their belongings down and mumble, "Hope you settle in." The boy that I met eyes with earlier looked over to me, it looked like he was studying my features.

"Dinner is at eclipse." Tsireya says with a smile. Toruk Makto smiles and nods at us. "Thanks." He says. I nod and turn around to leave. Tsireya catches up with me and puts an arm around my shoulder. "Why don't you talk to them?" She asks. "I have no intentions in making friends, Tsireya. Sorry I'm not like you." I say, crossing my arms. She sighs, "Atleast get to know them, I'm not saying you should be friends with them. Just get to know them, for me?" She pleads. I roll my eyes, "Fine, for you I guess." I mumble. She squeals and side hugs me.

Dinnertime comes and everyone is gathered in one marui. I sit beside my mother, not wanting to talk to anyone else and her respecting that.
Tsireya comes over to me and crouches down to my level. "Vasilia, come on and sit with the Sullys and I." I roll my eyes and sigh, I look down at my food. "Tsireya I already told you, I'm not interested in making friends with them." I said. "Come on, atleast get to know them like you told me you would." She pleads. I roll my eyes again, "Fine." She squeals again and grabs my arm to take me to them.