𝟐.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐀 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫..

I've been hanging out with the Sully kids for a few days, and I will say.. they are fun. Lo'ak isn't as annoying as Tuk said he is, he stays quiet while me and Tuk laugh together. As Tuk got injured a day before him, she was free to leave before him. So he stayed with me for one more day before going to learn how to ride an ilu and more about the sea. "Hey Vasilia?" Lo'ak says. I look down at him, "Yes?" I say. "How come you have a marking of Eywa on your back?" He asks. I smile and look back down, "I was born with it." I say. "My mother says I was a gift to her, from Eywa." I add.

"That's cool," he says. "my dad just tells me I bring shame to the family." He says, looking down. I look at him in sorrow, I get up and walk over to him. I sit down beside him and look at the sea view. "You don't bring shame to the family, Lo'ak." I start. "You only want to be like your father, and he doesn't see that. You're a brave boy, Lo'ak." I say, looking at him to see him already looking at me. I smile at him and he returns the smile. I look out to the sea and my smile fades. "Lo'ak I'm so sorry but I have to go visit my grandmother, she's sick." I say.

"Oh, that's no problem. I'll go hang out with the others then." He says, getting up after me. I nod, we both leave the marui. I turn around and shout, "Lo'ak!" He turns around in confusion. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" I ask. He looks down and chuckles, "I think I'll be fine." He says with a smile. I smile and turn around and head to my grandmother's marui. I walk in and see her in the same state as always, laying there looking lifeless. I know she's alive, just not well.

I walk over silently and kneel beside her, I put my ear to her chest and hear her heartbeat. I feel her start to wake up. I take my head off her chest and look down at her, I put my hand on her cheek and stroke her cheek with my thumb. She slightly opens her big green eyes and lays her own hand on mine. She gives me a smile and I smile back, I put my forehead on hers and sigh. "What's wrong my sweet child." She whispers. I take my forehead off hers and hold her hand with both of mine. "I don't know, I think I like a boy but it's early days and he just got here." I say, looking at her eyes struggling to stay open.

"Stay with me grammy." I whisper, tears falling from my face onto her bare shoulder. "I'm trying my hardest for you, my child." She says. I sob, looking down at the floor. "Don't cry, I'll still be with you." She says, stroking my cheek. I hold her hand, I feel it losing strength and beginning to get weaker. "Promise me my love, you will take care of yourself." She says. I nod, sobbing again knowing that she won't be here for much longer as she's already struggling.

"Go, be with the Sully's." She says. "No grammy, I want to stay with you today." I say. She lets go of my hand and puts her hand on my cheek. "I promise I will be here waiting for you to tell me everything you did today, but for now you have to go." She says. I nod with tears streaming down my cheeks. I give her a kiss on the forehead, I have a bad feeling about leaving her.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

I walk out of my grandmother's marui, something doesn't feel right. I wipe my tears and see Neteyam chase Tuk around the beach with Lo'ak and Kiri sit there laughing at Tuk and Neteyam. Tsireya stands behind Lo'ak and Kiri, admiring Neteyam's bond with Tuk. I walk over to them and look at Tsireya, I motion for her to come over to me. She understands and comes over. "Grammy isn't doing good, I could feel her getting weaker." I say, with more tears coming down. Tsireya wipes my tears and hugs me, I hug her tightly and sob into her shoulder. "It's gonna be okay Vasilia, have some hope." She says.

I pull away and wipe my tears, Tsireya and I then walk back over to the Sully's. "Everything okay?" Neteyam asks. "Yeah, just some family stuff." Tsireya says. I nod. I sit down beside Kiri and we both talk about random things. We talk for ages and ages, we laugh at Neteyam trying to make Tuk laugh and Tuk just stands there, unfazed. She stands like that until Neteyam gives up, which was after two minutes.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

"When we were little, Tsireya-" I start, my Eywa mark starts to tingle. That means something bad is happening. "Uhm, I'll be back in a minute." I say, getting up and rushing to my grandmother's marui. Tsireya follows me and so do the Sully kids.

I go into my grandmother's hut and see her laying like she was before. I kneel down beside her and take her hand. I lay my head on her chest and feel her heartbeat. I don't feel a pulse. My breathing stops and I cover my mouth with my hand. I put my forehead against hers and cry. "Tsireya, call mom." I say. She nods and runs off to get our parents while I cry. "I was going to introduce you to the Sully's. I was going to make you a necklace to match mine. I was going to sleep next to you tonight." I say, sobbing. I let out a loud cry and put my grandmother's hand on my cheek. I cry harder and harder each time, until I hear my mother and my dad walk in.

I hear Aonung say, "It's probably just grandma sleeping." I turn around and see the Sully's and my family standing there. My mother comes over and kneels, she starts crying. "Mother, you didn't have to leave." She says, cupping her mothers face. "She told me she'd be here for me, waiting for me to tell her everything I did today. She made me leave her here." I say, followed by a loud cry. Tears don't stop falling and my cries just keep getting louder.

I hear my dad start talking, "Neteyam, could you please get Vasilia out of here?" I put my forehead on my grandmother's. "You told me you'd wait for me grammy, you promised." I say, tears dropping onto her skin. I feel an arm wrap around my waist. "No, no I need to stay!" I yell, my cries getting much louder. "Vasilia it's better if you don't stay-" Neteyam starts. He pulls me up and starts walking me out. I look back at my grandmother's lifeless body once more. More tears stream down my face and start landing on Neteyam's shoulder.

He brings me to the beach to try and calm me down. He stands infront of me while I cry. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. I cry into his shoulder with all my might. "She was the only one that-" I start, "listened to me and understood me." I say, crying louder and louder. He wraps his arms around me and puts his hand on the back of my head and leans his head on mine. "Let it all out." He said. I cried and cried until Neteyam had to go back to his marui. I sat by the beach and cried, I just couldn't believe that right when I left her.. she just slipped away.