𝟑.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I stand there, looking at myself in the clear water. I wore a knitted top with long droopy sleeves with a matching skirt. I wore a headpiece that was my grandmother's. She wanted me to have it since I complimented it when she wore it when I was little. It was a really beautiful piece, it was a pearl headband with some beautiful shells hanging on thin ropes that drop over my forehead. I wipe my tears before I break down again. I can't believe she's gone. I don't have anybody now, she listened to me when I was down, cared for me when I was down, and loved me for me.

I get up and walk to my marui to see Tsireya getting her hair done. I see her fighting back tears, I know she loved our grandmother but she never made time for her. She didn't love her as much as I did. I spent time with her, when I was younger and as much as I could now. When I wasn't teaching little kids how to make baskets out of leaves or teaching them how to ride an ilu, I was with her. My sweet sweet grandmother, Elena.

"Are you ready Tsireya?" I ask my sister. She looks over to me and nods. She stands up and takes my hand, we both walk to where the funeral was being held. There was a bunch of people gathered at The Cove of the Ancestors, it was dark and gloomy. I see the Sully family too, I nodded my head at them with a sad smile and they nodded back. I stood beside my mother and she hugged me, I started crying into her shoulder. She stroked my hair and pulled away, she cupped my face and put her forehead against mine. "She will always be with you, my daughter." She says, I sigh and sob. She wipes my tears and pulls away from me, "She wished for her grandchildren to bring her down." Mom says. I look at my grandmother's body, I walk up to her and put my hand on her cheek. "My beautiful grandmother, why did you leave so soon?" I whisper. Aonung and Tsireya come into the water, we bring her down to the bottom of the water and lay her onto the algae.

She sinks into the algae and now I know, I'll never see her again. I swim back up and tears stream down my cheeks. I walk up to my dad and he holds me in his arms as I cry. I think I cried the most about my grandmother's death. I was so close to her, I wouldn't leave her side when she started to get sick. But she always shooed me away so I had to leave.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲..

I look out into the ocean with my arms crossed, still upset about my grandmother. It's dark and windy so my hair blows in the wind. I hear footsteps in the sand, I really don't care who it is as long as they don't annoy me. The person stands beside me, I look over and see Lo'ak looking out into the ocean with his arms crossed like me. I look back out and sigh. "I'm sorry about your grandmother, I really saw how much you loved her." Lo'ak says, not looking at me. "Yeah, I did." I say, wiping a tear. "I just don't understand why she had to leave so soon." I say, looking down at my feet that are sunken into the sand. I feel Lo'ak turn his whole body to me, I look up and turn to him. "This isn't a good time for this, but I just want to say.." He starts. My ears go up, showing that I'm listening.

"I want to get to know you, Vasilia." He says. "I want to be your friend." He adds. I chuckle slightly. "Sure, Lo'ak. I'll be your friend." I say smiling. He smiles back and we just stare at each other in comfortable silence until we hear someone call Lo'ak. I look over his shoulder and he turns around to see Neteyam motioning for him to come back to their marui. He turns back around and looks me in the eyes, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." He says. "Goodnight Vasilia." He says, " Goodnight Lo'ak." I say. He turns around and leaves to join Neteyam. I turn back around and look at the water, after around 20 minutes of thinking and looking at the ocean, I go to my marui and think about Lo'ak.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠..

I'm being shooken awake by my dearest sister, Tsireya. "Vasilia, wake up!" She says. I cover my face and sit up, I rub my eyes and look out into the ocean. The sunlight shines through the doorway, basically blinding me. I shut my eyes and rub them again. "Vasilia come on, mother wants you!" Tsireya says, running outside. What does my mother want? Eh, it shouldn't be anything too serious. I get up and walk to the beach, I see my parents and my siblings, standing infront of the Sully family for some reason? I walk over and my mother immediately smiles and walks over to me. She wraps her arm around me, resting it on my shoulder while walking me over to where she was originally standing. "Vasilia is going to be our future clan leader." She says with a smile, I already knew this but I guess they didn't and mom wanted to brag about it.

"She wrote our clan song." My father then says. (It will be in the next chapter) Jake's mate who I now recognize as Neytiri, smiles at me. "She seems very talented." Neytiri says. "Vasilia is a beautiful name." Jake says. I smile at them awkwardly as my mom squeezes my shoulder. "Yes, I just knew Vasilia would be the perfect name. It means strong, brave and beautiful warrior." My mom says, looking at me with a smile. "She looks just like you, Ronal." Jake says. She kisses my forehead and looks at Jake. "My little twin." My mother says.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

Sorry this chapter is much shorter than the others but the next chapter will be more on Vasilia, as she wrote the clan song and all. Xoxo, ria❤️