𝟓.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐤𝐮𝐧

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I wake up, almost flying up out of joy. The tulkun are returning today! I run out of my marui and out to the water as I call Ena, I dive in and Ena swims under me so I can just grab on. I position myself onto Ena and we swim around for a while, I get out of the water to pick some fruit so I've atleast eaten something. I then hear a loud horn, the tulkun are here! I run to the village and from the corner of my eye I see Lo'ak walking towards me, I dive in before he says anything and Ena swims under me again, so I just grab on and swim. Ena guides me through the water to my spirit sister, Lėia. I see her swimming towards me, I let go of the handle on Ena's saddle and swim to Lėia. "How have you been sister?" I sign. "I've been very very good, how about you?" She whistles. I smile. "I've been well, I met a boy.." I sign. "Spill!" Lėia clicks. I smile and sign about Lo'ak. We talk for ages, I look over and see my mother's spirit sister and her calf. She's been talking about how her sister has been expecting.

Everyone has spent the whole day with their brothers and sisters, including me. It's now sunset and Lo'ak and I decided we should go see Payakan so we both get on Lo'ak's ilu and we speed off to Payakan. Lo'ak puts his hand on my thigh to keep me on the ilu, my grip around his waist tightens as we go faster. We pass the reef and we rise to the surface. "Payakan!" Lo'ak yells, Payakan emerges from the water with a loud whistle. Lo'ak immediately smiles and gets off his ilu, he sits on Payakan's fin and starts signing to him. I sit on Lo'ak's ilu, still not sure of Lo'ak being friends with the outcast tulkun. He turns around and motions to sit beside him. I pat the ilu to bring me closer to Payakan's fin, I hop on and sit beside Lo'ak. 'How are you Payakan?' I sign. 'I am good.' Payakan clicks. 'This is Vasilia.' Lo'ak signs. 'She is very pretty.' Payakan clicks. I smile and Lo'ak smiles at me.

We talk for hours, we joke and laugh until it's dark. Lo'ak points to stars and he tells me what his dad told him about the stars. I sit there, mesmerised about how much Lo'ak's father knows about stars, and how much Lo'ak knows too. We hear our names being called in the distance, I look at Lo'ak with 'we should go now' eyes. He nods, 'Payakan, you should go.' Lo'ak signs. Payakan whistles, I climb off his back, into the water.

Lo'ak jumps into the water next to me, splashing my face. "Hey!" I yell. He just laughs, he takes my hand and leads me over to the rocks where we can easily be found by the hunters looking for us. We see a hunter turn the corner, he looks over to us and immediately yells. "I found them!" We climb onto his ilu and we speed back to the village. I climb onto the dock and sign 'thank you' to the hunter who brought Lo'ak and I back.

I walk up to my parents to be immediately checked for any injuries. "Where did you go with that boy, Vasilia?!" Mother yells, my ears pin to the sides of my head, knowing she's disappointed. "I just went for a swim with him.." I lie. "You are lying. No swimming for two weeks."  Mother says calmly, my ears droop down as I look up at her. "Can I put my feet in the water?" I ask, she hesitantly nods. "Can I go now?" I ask, hurt in my voice. "Yes Vasilia, you can go now." My father says, I walk past them and straight to my favorite spot.

I walk to a different beach on another side of the island, I sit on the sand and make flowers in it. I sigh and look out to the water, I look over to see Lo'ak walking over. "Hey." He says. "Hi.." I reply. "Are you okay?" "Fine." I say blankly. "Look, if your mad because I brought you out and you aren't allowed to swim anymore then I get it-" "Lo'ak calm down, I'm literally fine." I say.

He stops talking, from the corner of my eye I can see him studying my side profile. I look over at him and do the same, my eyes looking over his lips, but not leaving. He notices this and brings a stray piece of my curly hair out of my face, cupping my cheek afterwards. "May I?" He asks, I don't reply, I just smash my lips onto his.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

Hii, um so ik it took years for this chapter to come out, I have zero motivation and I'm starting new books without even finishing my old ones, gorgeous

anyways, I hope ur enjoying the peace because disruption will be coming soon..

xoxo ria