𝟔.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I pace around my marui with my hands on my forehead singing the clan song, getting ready for tonight. Tonight was our 17th year of peace here at Awa'altu. I wrote this song for the clan when I was 11, and my mother decided when I got older I would sing this song for the clan along with many other metkayina. We sing this song every two weeks to appreciate our environment, our clan, and of course, our peace. We then have a big meal on the beach and interact with one another. I stop pacing and look at my grandmother's headpiece. She used to wear this headpiece every time the song was sung. It was a big and beautiful piece of hers that she made herself, it was a headband made of brown vine, she made big pieces stick out from the top, making the piece look like a sun or something. It was beautifully decorated with leaves, vines, flowers, crystals and shells. I put it on my head carefully and look in my mirror.

(I know na'vi don't have mirrors in Pandora but I just wanted to put some in there so gal could actually see what she looks like.)

I wipe a tear off my cheek, the first song without her. I sigh and fix one of my braids and more tears start falling. I try to stop my sobs from escaping my mouth by forming a straight line with my mouth. I tie off my braid and walk to my bed, sitting on it and looking at all of the photos of my grandmother and I on the wall. I look at all of the things she gave me that were sitting on a box under the photos.

(Again know na'vi don't have cameras to take photos but we can just imagine, and they also sleep in hammocks but cmon we know ur back hurts every morning so there's beds instead)

I sigh and put my head in my hands when I see the beaded curtain on my doorway move, revealing Tsireya who walks towards me. She sits beside me and looks at all of the photos of our grandmother, "I miss her too, Vasilia." Tsireya says, bringing her arm around me. I sob, "my only wish is to see her healthy again." I say. "I know.." She says, rubbing my forearm. "The song starts soon, you best be out of here soon." She says, getting up. "Mhm." I wipe my nose. She smiles and walks out of my marui. I shakily sigh, getting up and looking back into my mirror. I make sure my curly hair is nicely done, I pick out two small strands of hair at the front and brush through them with my fingers. I wipe my tears and let out a long breath. "You'll be okay. Just cut it out Vasilia." I say to myself, I walk out of my marui to see everyone gathered up at the beach.

I walk down to the beach and get onto the wooden platform that some of the metkayina made years ago for these ceremonies. I walked through the crowd, seeing many new metkayina babies, toddlers running after each other, children. Being happy, doing what they loved, without a care in the world what will happen in the future, my eywa, I wish I was a kid again. I step up onto the platform and look at all of the metkayina gathered here today, I usually see my grandmother in the front, blowing me kisses and making hearts with her hands. That's gone.

I sigh, it's now or never. I turn to one of the bongo drummers, I give him a thumbs up and he nods.

(Play the song now)

I start singing our song, with the choreography another metkayina has made. I look out to the crowd and see Lo'ak, staring in awe. I smile as I sing and focus on the clan, they all either mouth or sing the song with us. I smile at our clan, the beautiful people, the amazing village we live in. I am forever grateful for this amazing home I have been given. It is truly my favorite place to be and I wouldn't trade the world for it.

I couldn't imagine leaving my home, leaving all of my people, my friends. I can't imagine how hard it was for the Sullys to leave everything behind, they did the right thing though. Jake definitely loves his family by moving here, to safety. But will the peace last? What if the skypeople manage to find them, they track them down and they start war. If they set off a bomb, our home, the home we have lived in for countless years, would be destroyed.

(It doesn't matter if the song has ended or not but I'm gonna say Vasilia stopped singing already..)

Clapping fills the air as my people clap, cheer and shout. I smile and wave, I get off the platform and immediately make my way over to Lo'ak who stares at me like I'm some kind of trophy. I walk over and he hugs me, spinning me around, "that was amazing Vasilia!" He says, pulling away from the hug. I smile at him. "Thank you!" I say. "Do you wanna go for a walk?" He asks, still holding onto my waist. I nod and smile, he discreetly takes my hand and brings me through the crowd. We walk through the village and into the forest behind the village. We hold hands while we walk through the forest, I run my hand along all the trees we walk by, smiling at the nature. "So, about out secret relationship.." Lo'ak starts. I look over at him to see him just looking at the ground while kicking leaves. I sigh, "what about it Lo?" I say, looking at the ground. "I feel that you are avoiding me." He says, stopping me and taking my other hand with his. I look up at his yellow orbs, I could get lost in his dreamy eyes.

"Lo'ak I'm so busy, I hate to say it but I don't have much time to talk to you." I say truthfully, his ears pin to the side of his head, I let go of his hands and cup his face, tilting it back up so he looks at me. "I love you Lo'ak, I really do. I'm just very very busy this week. That's all it is, okay?" I say. "We can hang out every day once I do everything." I finish, I don't realize that I've said 'I love you' to Lo'ak. His ears shoot up, followed by a smile forming on his lips. "What?" I ask smiling. Eywa.. his smile is contagious. "You do realize you've said 'I love you' to me, right?" He says. My ears shoot up, my face becomes a darker blue shade once I realize. I take my hands off his jaw and step back, "I'm sorry Lo'ak-" He cuts me off by kissing me. He pulls away with a big grin.

"I love you too."