𝟕.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝

TW violence

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚

I wake up with a bad headache, I sit up and rest my head in my hands. I get out of bed and rub my eyes, I walk to the main marui to have breakfast. I see everyone gathered in the marui as usual, something just seems.. off. I sit beside Tsireya, I rub my eyes and grab a plate and load a bit of fruit onto it. "Morning." I say, breaking the silence. "Good morning Vasilia, how was your sleep? You look very tired.." Ronal says. I sigh, "mother, I slept fine. I just woke up with a headache, thats all." I say, she looks at me suspiciously and nods.

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭..

I sit on the rocks, looking out into the water before it starts drizzling. I sigh and stay out in the rain, wrapping my arms around my legs and resting my face on my knees while I watch the waves get bigger and the skies get cloudier. I see my mother, my father, Jake and his wife Neytiri swimming out on ilus. I just watch them swim out, far past the reef. I get up and rub my arms, I walk to my marui and lay on my bed. Today feels so weird, it doesn't feel normal..

⁺˖˚⊹ ✦ ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐀 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫..

I wake up to see many metkayina sprinting past my marui, I must've fallen asleep.. I don't even remember sleeping.. anyway. I get off my bed and walk out of my marui, I almost get knocked over by the amount of metkayina running past. I walk over to where they are gathered and people make way for me to get to the front. I see my mother and father in the middle of the crowd, I see Neteyam with a red thing in his hand and Jake trying to calm the metkayina down. "My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!" My mother yells. My ears pin to the sides of my head. I cannot believe this. I knew they'd bring their war to Awa'altu. I just knew it. "This war has come to us!" Dad says. The clan start hissing and cheering.

I look around and see Tsireya with dried up tears on her cheeks, I see Lo'ak just leaving. I follow him quickly, I see him walking up to the dock where all of the ilu saddles are. I jog up to him and stand right infront of him. "What are you doing?" I say with a stern look and my arms crossed. "I'm going to Payakan, not like it's any of your business though." He says. He grabs an ilu saddle and calls his ilu, I put my hand on his wrist. "Lo'ak it's dangerous. There's sky people out in the water, you can't risk it." I say. He looks into my eyes, I start to think that he's backing out but just as I think he's about to put the saddle back, he shrugs my hand off and slides the saddle on his ilu. I sigh, I walk up to him and take his hands in mine. "Lo'ak I'm coming with you." I say. He starts shaking his head, "no no Vasilia. You are not coming with me." He says, putting a hand on my cheek.

"Lo'ak I'm not letting you risk your life out there, what if you die and its because I couldn't stop you?" I say. "I don't care Vasilia, you're not coming." He says again. I shrug his hand off my cheek and call my ilu. He tries to stop me by grabbing my hands but I shake them off and slide a saddle onto my ilu. "No way your going out there guys." Neteyam says, walking over. "We have to warn Payakan about the pingers." Lo'ak says, slowly walking up to Neteyam. "No, you've got to keep your skxawng asses here." Neteyam says, inching closer to Lo'ak. "He's outcast. There's no one else to warn him but me." Lo'ak says. "Bro." Neteyam says, putting a hand on Lo'ak's head. "Why do you always have to make things so hard?" He says. "You both are troublemakers together." He adds. Lo'ak quickly slaps his hand off. "No. You mean why can't I be the perfect son like you?" Lo'ak says.